Watched a few AAC games

southsideguy

19 minutes ago, NTXCoog said:

I think there's a talent gap between UNT  and the top of the AAC.  I don't think there's one with the bottom of the AAC which is horrible so far this year.  The question is how far down in the middle tier does UNT fall

I was thinking this same thing. Charlotte and Rice come along and then you have Temple, Navy, USF and Tulane. Yes Navy and Tulane can be one extreme or the other as can Tulsa and ECU. 

Yes, its going to be real tough but I dont think we are looking at Todd Dodge era records here. 

Have they announced how its going to be divided in the conference? 

West- UNT, Rice, UTSA, SMU, Tulsa, Tulane & Memphis??

East- UAB, USF, FAU, Charlotte, ECU, Navy & Temple

8 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

I was thinking this same thing. Charlotte and Rice come along and then you have Temple, Navy, USF and Tulane. Yes Navy and Tulane can be one extreme or the other as can Tulsa and ECU. 

Yes, its going to be real tough but I dont think we are looking at Todd Dodge era records here. 

Have they announced how its going to be divided in the conference? 

West- UNT, Rice, UTSA, SMU, Tulsa, Tulane & Memphis??

East- UAB, USF, FAU, Charlotte, ECU, Navy & Temple

I don't think they have yet. AAC fans seem to think Navy will be in the West. Sounds like they have some kind of deal with the conference? Switch Memphis and Navy and your divisions are correct. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I don't think they have yet. AAC fans seem to think Navy will be in the West. Sounds like they have some kind of deal with the conference? Switch Memphis and Navy and your divisions are correct. 

It has to do with Wichita State.  Navy (football only) and WS (everything except football) "share" a spot and will likely be in the same division.

1 hour ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Im not doubting you but that just doesnt make sense on a geographical level but East is west and west is east. Can we have Temple instead?

Playing an option heavy team every year is really going to fudge this up

Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 3.23.55 PM.png

NT will be ok in the AAC.

The conference is the most important thing in recruiting according to experts.

Stating that NT is not ready based on 2 games is to me problematic. 

SMU has about the best team money can buy at least in the G5.  

I don't know if NT can ever compete with a pro team like SMU.  I think NT and D1 athletics, only hope is that the NCAA puts some restraints on purchasing talent. 

There is now no semblance of fairness or an environment that creates competition. 

I wonder why AD's, coaches and fans don't see the future if this continues.  Less competition and eventually less D1 teams which is going to mean less jobs and fan interest. 

This is just not "sour grapes" because I am a NT fan, but it is a real concern that this maybe the end of any kind of college athletics that most alumni and fans are going to be interested in.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

6 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

The gossip is that Navy asked to be in the West because there are more southern schools especially Texas.  More Navy recruits (military, not just academy) come from the South than the Northeast.  Playing in TX is a military recruiting tool.  The academies see a bigger picture than most schools.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

NT will be ok in the AAC.

The conference is the most important thing in recruiting according to experts.

Stating that NT is not ready based on 2 games is to me problematic. 

SMU has about the best team money can buy at least in the G5.  

I don't know if NT can ever compete with a pro team like SMU.  I think NT and D1 athletics, only hope is that the NCAA puts some restraints on purchasing talent. 

There is now no semblance of fairness or an environment that creates competition. 

I wonder why AD's, coaches and fans don't see the future if this continues.  Less competition and eventually less D1 teams which is going to mean less jobs and fan interest. 

This is just not "sour grapes" because I am a NT fan, but it is a real concern that this maybe the end of any kind of college athletics that most alumni and fans are going to be interested in.  

You do realize SMU has not even won the AAC yet?  You talk like they are the dominant team.  Just because they pile drove us doesn’t mean they are the best.

• Eye Roll 1

39 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

You do realize SMU has not even won the AAC yet?  You talk like they are the dominant team.  Just because they pile drove us doesn’t mean they are the best.

No, I thought they won the AAC without playing a conference game.

I hope SMU is a dominant team, or else it is going to be a very long year for NT.

I stated they are about the best team money can buy in a G5 league.  I will stand by that, but that is a lot difference than your take of anyone stating they will win the AAC.