***OFFICIAL GMG SMU vs. UNT IN-GAME DISCUSSION***

Harry

1 minute ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Ruder had his chance to start. Gunnell deserves a full game before we pass judgement.

That full game shouldn’t be against FCS then. Aune makes bad throws sometimes for sure but some of Gunnell’s throws looked like he was out there as a gag. Like he missed 10 yard passes by car lengths, it was very, very odd.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

That full game shouldn’t be against FCS then. Aune makes bad throws sometimes for sure but some of Gunnell’s throws looked like he was out there as a gag. Like he missed 10 yard passes by car lengths, it was very, very odd.

It shouldn't but it's the perfect chance to get him acclimated with actual gametime and to gain confidence leading into game 4 of the season. 

And I'm sorry but he missed 1 bad throw in the end zone. His first throw went at the feet but it was the first throw. Aune does the same after 3 years. Second throw, our receiver got tackled before the ball got there. Hit a guy for 33 yards, then the other was a screen. Hard to make an assessment with that. Ruder got 2 games and the start of a third. Gunnell should get at least the same.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

You really expected him to come in and be great in his first game in years?

Not to mention with wrs that were generally covered and an offensive line that was going through the motions. 

I would’ve expected his throws to be in the ballpark at least. They were so bad they make Aune’s bad throws look less bad. Also, does Aune get the same pass for covered receivers or is that just reserved for backup quarterbacks under the age of 25?

Edited by Cr1028
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

25 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Hell no, I’d start Ruder over Gunnell after what I saw tonight.

Earle was supposedly running behind Aune until Gunnell jumped him in reps at the first scrimmage according to the 247 guy in a podcast with Brune.   Earle had a much higher completion percentage against SMU last year with an awful O-line and D2 receivers.  I’d love to see him get some time. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

This.

Dude looks like he’s playing at the wrong level.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GreenBacker said:

Earle was supposedly running behind Aune until Gunnell jumped him in reps at the first scrimmage according to the 247 guy in a podcast with Brune.   Earle had a much higher completion percentage against SMU last year with an awful O-line and D2 receivers.  I’d love to see him get some time. 

I’d prefer this to Gunnell, I truly would.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GreenBacker said:

I'd be ok with this. It just needs to be somebody else. We've seen Aune. I'd rather have a losing season trying different guys out than trotting out the same guy.

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

For perspective UTEP played OU closer than we played SMUg

I told my wife when it was 38-10, “I hope SMU is really good.”  Maybe they are.

While it was ugly, we had our chances to keep it close.  Inside the 5 twice and get points, plus a blocked field goal.  

After Gunnell’s first pass, my comment was, “I see why Aune is starting.”

Adaway is very good.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, untjim1995 said:

This.

Dude looks like he’s playing at the wrong level.

Dear God y'all haven't seen any of Gunnell's Arizona play. It's his first game in over a year. 15 TDs to 3 Interceptions in the Pac 12 on 66% completion percentage says he's not at the wrong level but OK. And remember he was a true freshman and a true sophomore during a covid shortened season. He lacks experience but he has the talent to play at this level.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

Can’t wait to see y’all blame Aune for that “pick” that Roberts vomited away

It's a playcall that says "we don't trust our QB when it counts except what amounts to a long handoff"  no the INT isn't on Aune.  But they weren't going to score if it was completed anyway.  And on 3rd down down by 3 TD's I don't like the playcall.

2 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Dear God y'all haven't seen any of Gunnell's Arizona play. It's his first game in over a year. 15 TDs to 3 Interceptions in the Pac 12 on 66% completion percentage says he's not at the wrong level but OK. And remember he was a true freshman and a true sophomore during a covid shortened season. He lacks experience but he has the talent to play at this level.

Maybe so, I will admit this was my first time seeing him. He didn’t make a good first impression. 

But maybe next week against Texas Southern will show something different?

Random Mean Green person stops me mid aisle at Buccee's Denton looking mad as hell and tells me his son is a player and expresses his disappoinment.  He then tells me that according to his son, all the players dislike the coaching staff and say they have no energy. 

No idea who this guy's son is, but I believe every word he said.

At least the Lovelace Family likes Littrell!

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Random Mean Green person stops me mid aisle at Buccee's Denton looking mad as hell and tells me his son is a player and expresses his disappoinment.  He then tells me that according to his son, all the players dislike the coaching staff and say they have no energy. 

No idea who this guy's son is, but I believe every word he said.

At least the Lovelace Family likes Littrell!

Color me shocked 😐

• Upvote 5

19 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I would’ve expected his throws to be in the ballpark at least. They were so bad they make Aune’s bad throws look less bad. Also, does Aune get the same pass for covered receivers or is that just reserved for backup quarterbacks under the age of 25?

I didn't say a thing about Aune in this game.  

I was just responded to your criticism of a QB who has not thrown in a game in years. 

The QB play for NT was bad, but so was everything else with a few exceptions.  I did think the rbs ran hard and Addaway actually had a good game.  

• Upvote 1