***OFFICIAL GMG SMU vs. UNT IN-GAME DISCUSSION***

Harry

1 minute ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

I didn’t call anyone blind. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But I don’t think Aune was the problem tonight, and I don’t think we have some stud we aren’t playing instead of him right now. I wish we did. I wish we had the skill position studs we did when Fine was here. 

Agree he was not the reason We lost tonight. Terrible Defense and a very bad game plan.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, peanuts104 said:

Adaway is an NFL RB (and the other three make a good case as well). Maclin makes catches when targeted. Shorter had a good catch when he was pretty well covered up. Burns doing Burns things and getting open like a beast.  I think all three of them could be NFL receivers. We've lost something on offense. Stop drinking the koolaid and wake up.

Adaway is a stud. I agree with you there. I’m not sure he’s Jeff Wilson, but he’s a stud. 

im not convinced Burns, Maclin, and Shorter are anywhere near Darden, Guyton, and Bussey. I sure hope you’re right, but they ain’t close yet. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

He objectively is. Just because you can't see don't call the rest of us blind.

My bigger criticism of our QB room is the high turnover rate with no development and losing good players like Kason Martin that weren't even given a real shot. Hell, I'd take Jason Bean back too.

So you are saying that you don’t believe Aune could’ve torn that vaunted New Mexico Highlands defense apart? Martin throws a good deep ball sure but don’t act like our defensive backs who got roasted tonight would not be first team all-conference in the RAMC.

• Upvote 2

Just now, CaribbeanGreen said:

I didn’t call anyone blind. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But I don’t think Aune was the problem tonight, and I don’t think we have some stud we aren’t playing instead of him right now. I wish we did. I wish we had the skill position studs we did when Fine was here. 

I think our skill positions are fine. I think the play calling is dogass and unimaginative, which is what I expect from a former oline coach. All that stupid BS motion crap we kept trying just kept drawing penalties anyways.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Udomann said:

Oh no that's not how it works.

A hypothesis is made, and until relevant observations are made to disprove, the honus of truth now belongs to deniers. Currently we look bad to other AAC teams. Observations from SMU support that.

Prove it wrong?

Huh? So you think the AAC is cringing because the added North Texas? I disagree. To each their own. 

Just now, El Paso Eagle said:

Agree he was not the reason We lost tonight. Terrible Defense and a very bad game plan.

It was always going to be a shoot out. I don't think the defense was terrible, the secondary was just outmatched, and we all knew that was an issue going into this season. The best case scenario was for the D to slow them down enough for the O to outscore.  Clearly the O did not show up.

• Upvote 1

Hard to understand while playing UTEP we worked the clock down to almost no time left before we would snap the ball and then against the high-powered offense like SMU where you want to keep them off the field we made quite a few snaps with probably close to 20 seconds left on the clock

1 minute ago, peanuts104 said:

I think our skill positions are fine. I think the play calling is dogass and unimaginative, which is what I expect from a former oline coach. All that stupid BS motion crap we kept trying just kept drawing penalties anyways.

Don’t disagree there. Hated getting cute with the direct snap on the goal line. I think Adaway should be the dude with 25 carries a game. 

Just now, peanuts104 said:

It was always going to be a shoot out. I don't think the defense was terrible, the secondary was just outmatched, and we all knew that was an issue going into this season. The best case scenario was for the D to slow them down enough for the O to outscore.  Clearly the O did not show up.

If you don't think our defense was terrible tonight then please for goodness sakes stop drinking it now

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, peanuts104 said:

The O wasn’t great, but the defense was pathetic. It’s hard to imagine it being any worse. They had three scoring drives of two plays or less. That’s humiliating. 

2 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Hard to understand while playing UTEP we worked the clock down to almost no time left before we would snap the ball and then against the high-powered offense like SMU where you want to keep them off the field we made quite a few snaps with probably close to 20 seconds left on the clock

That was very weird. No idea why the offense seemed to be hurrying up half the night…. Our defense was beyond inept and couldn’t slow down molasses, they clearly needed a rest, and somehow we were hurrying to the snap… didn’t get that at all. 

• Upvote 2

Aune completed less than 50% (again) and some think he wasn’t why we lost? He wasn’t the only reason but a big one. Plus two INTs (one of which wasn’t entirely his fault). I wasn’t able to consistently watch the game tonight but every time I tuned in he was overthrowing or throwing into double or even triple coverage. Thank god for the pass interference penalties on SMut. His performance was abysmal. 
Every opponent should just plan to pass every down against us with that horrible secondary. We might have one or two FBS level players but that’s only a maybe. Texada and Faulkner are literally FCS guys and Crosby can’t cover anyone. It’s embarrassing.

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

The O wasn’t great, but the defense was pathetic. It’s hard to imagine it being any worse. They had three scoring drives of two plays or less. That’s humiliating. 

I was going to make a time of possession comment...but we won time of possession apparently.

I'm not saying they were perfect by any means, but they didn't get any favors from the offense.

8 minutes ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

See I disagree. Aune is the problem. I can recall 4 throws that could have been picked off. Aside from that, he brings no downfield threat. He limits the game plan. And to say we have no stud sitting behind him, well how would any of us know? Aune won't quarterback to anything we haven't already seen. This is the ceiling. Try somebody else. You have no idea what you have in somebody else until you try them. I'm not talking about 2 series where 75% of the plays are hands-offs. I'm talking about playing a whole game. Every QB has some bad drives. Even Fine did.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1