***OFFICIAL GMG SMU vs. UNT IN-GAME DISCUSSION***

Harry

1 minute ago, NT91 said:

The AAC must be cringing after today.

Remember, we were chosen for the "whole package", not what happens on the field.  Right?  Isn't that what folks were saying last year?

(anyone know if our volleyball team is good?  Or rowing?)

Edited by TripleGrad
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

So the private school kid who couldn’t sniff the field at Memphis ain’t the savior. The four star kid from Kansas who had to bail from Carolina couldn’t hit the side of a barn last year. We talk about how Mason Fine rolled in here and did it all, and people seem to forget that Mason Fine had a NFL running back and three NFL WRs. I love Mason. He’s in that “just behind Joe Greene” pantheon. But let’s not pretend that he didn’t have the best set of weapons in UNT history in front of him. Austin Aune ain’t that bad. Coaches who know a hell of a lot more than anyone on this board have put him out there for a reason, and we can either get behind him or not. This can still be a good season. What happens next year, we’ll see. But bitch about the QB all you want - at the end of the day, having a Wilson-Bussey-Darden-Guyton-Lawrence… that shit matters 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 9
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 minute ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

So the private school kid who couldn’t sniff the field at Memphis ain’t the savior. The four star kid from Kansas who had to bail from Carolina couldn’t hit the side of a barn last year. We talk about how Mason Fine rolled in here and did it all, and people seem to forget that Mason Fine had a NFL running back and three NFL WRs. I love Mason. He’s in that “just behind Joe Greene” pantheon. But let’s not pretend that he didn’t have the best set of weapons in UNT history in front of him. Austin Aune ain’t that bad. Coaches who know a hell of a lot more than anyone on this board have put him out there for a reason, and we can either get behind him or not. This can still be a good season. What happens next year, we’ll see. But bitch about the QB all you want - at the end of the day, having a Wilson-Bussey-Darden-Guyton-Lawrence… that shit matters 

Just exactly what is Austin's record as a starting quarterback? I just want your expert opinion on what the definition of ain't that bad is

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Seth?

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 2

Maybe. But it would be nice to see a QB wearing green actually hit a receiver in stride like Fine could do easily. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

Austin Aune ain’t that bad.

He objectively is. Just because you can't see don't call the rest of us blind.

My bigger criticism of our QB room is the high turnover rate with no development and losing good players like Kason Martin that weren't even given a real shot. Hell, I'd take Jason Bean back too.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

So you think the AAC is “cringing” tonight? Why?

Oh no that's not how it works.

A hypothesis is made, and until relevant observations are made to disprove, the honus of truth now belongs to deniers. Currently we look bad to other AAC teams. Observations from SMU support that.

Prove it wrong?

• Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, peanuts104 said:

He objectively is. Just because you can't see don't call the rest of us blind.

My bigger criticism of our QB room is the high turnover rate with no development and losing good players like Kason Martin that weren't even given a real shot. Hell, I'd take Jason Bean back too.

I didn’t call anyone blind. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But I don’t think Aune was the problem tonight, and I don’t think we have some stud we aren’t playing instead of him right now. I wish we did. I wish we had the skill position studs we did when Fine was here. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

And when we had multiple NFL WRs and a NFL RB. Funny how that works. 

Adaway is an NFL RB (and the other three make a good case as well). Maclin makes catches when targeted. Shorter had a good catch when he was pretty well covered up. Burns doing Burns things and getting open like a beast.  I think all three of them could be NFL receivers. We've lost something on offense. Stop drinking the koolaid and wake up.

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 2