***OFFICIAL GMG SMU vs. UNT IN-GAME DISCUSSION***

Harry

Just now, GRN-WHT said:

Sad reality is that this school is unwilling to do what it takes to run a a serious football program. 

Keep donating your hard earned $$$ thinking things will change.  

I have to be honest. I'm not loving this "rent-a-team" era of college football.

It was bad enough the blue-bloods could do whatever they wanted, but now that you can just basically buy wins... I'm having a tough time staying invested

• Upvote 3

Just now, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Raise Hand GIF by Nick Jonas

Difficult for me to write anyone off on one game. But he's definitely getting out coached by Gus Malzahns bastard son/HS quarterback in his first year at the wheel. 

The problem is when Seth beats bad teams people talk about how we're getting there. We have to stop measuring our program against Bad programs and start holding our coaches accountable against the good opponents we play

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Udomann said:

I have to be honest. I'm not loving this "rent-a-team" era of college football.

It was bad enough the blue-bloods could do whatever they wanted, but now that you can just basically buy wins... I'm having a tough time staying invested

There will be a wakening of the willining and unwilling. The talent disparity will be egregious. I don't mean today egregious. I mean like a silicon valley tech company will tuen San Jose into Alabama... or they won't. But that's sort of where we're heading. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, El Paso Eagle said:

The problem is when Seth beats bad teams people talk about how we're getting there. We have to stop measuring our program against Bad programs and start holding our coaches accountable against the good opponents we play

In that case Littrell has like two wins in six years 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Raise Hand GIF by Nick Jonas

Difficult for me to write anyone off on one game. But he's definitely getting out coached by Gus Malzahns bastard son/HS quarterback in his first year at the wheel. 

One game???? Where were you on ALL of our bowl games??

Had to edit for all of our SMU games.

Edited by BigWillie

25 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

No reason to keep Aune in. Put in Gunnell.

For the second half I see 0 downside to this.  We have to score quick to even have a shot.  You are going to have to throw the ball more than 10 yards down the field at least on 35% of pass attempts to do that.  Maybe they are banking on having a talent advantage in more than half of games they have left.  🤷🏽‍♂️. Very "hit six" of them and unfortunately typical.  And momentum in the market we got for winning with Fine is long gone and SL should have been gone before that happened.  Some of it might  have been salvaged by bringing back Harrell as HC.  Probably could've gotten him relatively cheap to to offset SL's buyout.  Now without overpaying for an experience coach, we start AAC play off with very little optimism.  Maybe they will shock the heck out of me the rest of the way.  But with a QB room the staff has very little confidence in (THAT INCULDES AUNE Look at the play selection) I don't see a run heavy "Air Raid" offense getting +31 points to help the defense out.  The UTEP game looks like an anomaly and we were lucky they were more sloppy than us.

• Upvote 2