If you were like me and forgot....

Green Crazy

6 hours ago, Green Crazy said:

The potential that Shorter showed at one time.  I found this highlight reel of Mason's on YouTube (I believe from his senior year) and Shorter was all over it.  I really hope he stays healthy the whole season and the QBs can get the ball in his hands.

Warning: This brought back bad memories of that season for me that had been long forgotten. 

Side note...I believe Mason threw off his back foot for 75% of these throws.

Against UH that year, Mason might as well as played with a defender as a fullback all night. They had someone on him within a second almost every time he went back to pass. 

Terrible way for his career at UNT to end. 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Actually watched this video the other day to remind myself what a competent QB playing at UNT could look like. Shorter definitely showed promise and boy does he play physical. Excited to see him on the field again.

Is he expected to play this season?

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

Assuming Bush, Macklin and Burns are the starters, where does Shorter fit in?

If Shorter is going to play, and he's 100%, I'm going to assume one of the others is not starting.

Maybe they work him back slowly, though.  Start the other 3 and give Shorter limited reps.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, greenminer said:

If Shorter is going to play, and he's 100%, I'm going to assume one of the others is not starting.

Maybe they work him back slowly, though.  Start the other 3 and give Shorter limited reps.

To me, Burns is the odd man out. May not be fair, but Bush's size, Macklins speed and Shorters physicality makes it a no brainer.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Hunter Green said:

To me, Burns is the odd man out. May not be fair, but Bush's size, Macklins speed and Shorters physicality makes it a no brainer.

Shorter's Dad said he would play this week which is was one of the reasons I started this thread. 

Burns and Macklin play the same position According to the depth chart, so the starters would either be Burns or Macklin, Ward or Bush, and Shorter.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1