Jump to content

I may throw up


emmitt01
 Share

Recommended Posts

North Texas beat more ten win teams and ranked teams than UTSA did last year. The road birds are the second most overrated team in college football this season after Texas. Watch and see. If either team reaches 8 wins this season I will be shocked. 

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 6
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let them have all of the fame and attention (for now). Then it'll be sweeter when we whoop them at their place and then everyone will be looking at us. I can't tell you how many comments I got last year when we beat them for the simple fact that they were undefeated and ranked. Their exposure only increases our exposure. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Greenrex said:

I always hope every team we play wins every game they play except when they play us.

 

I mostly agree with this. But I add nUTSAck and SMUt to the exceptions. I want them both to lose all games, always, forever and ever. 

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, DentonStang said:

UTSA is the new up and coming darling.  They have some real realignment potential being in an untapped SA market, if they can commit some resources to their program. 

Aleister Crowley Tea GIF by PENNYWORTH

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"The junior college that no football fan even knew existed the last time we won a conference title."

As an expert trash talker, that's a bad take. 

"Let’s check back in three weeks whence they are 0-3.  Part of why they are pressing so hard for attendance this week is they know in 3 weeks it will become very difficult." 

As a season ticket holder and donor, I can assure you they are doing their level LEAST to pump up attendance. Our AD is letting us down, big time. She got lucky with Traylor, but has really turned off A LOT of big donors. It's been two years since my "rep" has called me in the off season. 

"if they can commit some resources to their program."

See my previous comment as to why we are still struggling after 2 winning seasons in a row. We advanced too fast and our SA roots still have to overcome generational Longhorns and Aggies, whether they attended UTSA or not. 

"The road birds are the second most overrated team in college football this season after Texas."

When did we get rated? Serious question. Yeah, we're getting some love, but no ratings. There's the smart part of me that knows we'll be 7-5 or 6-6 at the end of the year provided all players stay healthy and keep their grades up. It's gonna be hard to replace the defensive rotation we lost and the RB1 we lost.

Let me ask, when y'all beat Arkansas, did you get credit for beating a terrible team or an SEC team? I know the answer. When we beat Illinois, who then beat Penn State, who also beat Auburn..."illinois was terrible", yet all the B1G teams get credit for beating Illinois. 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, LitMedallion said:

"The junior college that no football fan even knew existed the last time we won a conference title."

As an expert trash talker, that's a bad take. 

"Let’s check back in three weeks whence they are 0-3.  Part of why they are pressing so hard for attendance this week is they know in 3 weeks it will become very difficult." 

As a season ticket holder and donor, I can assure you they are doing their level LEAST to pump up attendance. Our AD is letting us down, big time. She got lucky with Traylor, but has really turned off A LOT of big donors. It's been two years since my "rep" has called me in the off season. 

"if they can commit some resources to their program."

See my previous comment as to why we are still struggling after 2 winning seasons in a row. We advanced too fast and our SA roots still have to overcome generational Longhorns and Aggies, whether they attended UTSA or not. 

"The road birds are the second most overrated team in college football this season after Texas."

When did we get rated? Serious question. Yeah, we're getting some love, but no ratings. There's the smart part of me that knows we'll be 7-5 or 6-6 at the end of the year provided all players stay healthy and keep their grades up. It's gonna be hard to replace the defensive rotation we lost and the RB1 we lost.

Let me ask, when y'all beat Arkansas, did you get credit for beating a terrible team or an SEC team? I know the answer. When we beat Illinois, who then beat Penn State, who also beat Auburn..."illinois was terrible", yet all the B1G teams get credit for beating Illinois. 

 

My apologies.   A lot of people around here really loathe you guys because there were a handful of jaggoff UTSA fans who came on here and pissed on our antpile way back in the day.

There are a few level-headed fans who don't really think UNT VS UTSA is much of a "rivalry", rather, just another divisional game.  Obviously, those are a little more heated/important, but for me, it's not at the level of hatred that a lot of folks around here feel about y'all.   
Over the past 10 seasons, I've felt LATech has been more of a heated/relevant divisional "rival" than UTSA... but their fans are cordial around here, so I guess it's hard to hate them.

That said, his first take was absolutely a good one.   I don't think very many people in Texas (at least, outside of the San Antonio Metro, definitely up here in DFW) knew there was a UT Satellite campus in San Antonio in 2004, which was the last time we won a conference title, sadly.   I know I had no clue about y'all.

And man, tell us about subpar AD/University leadership...   That's a struggle we dealt with for quite a while.  We're only recently under the leadership of a President who sees the benefits of Athletics, and an AD who has enjoyed success in just about everything he's done.     Best of luck in remediating that mess.  We need y'all to be a strong conferencemate in the AAC with us.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Watching College Game Day and they talked about how overlooked UTSA is because they may make some noise this year.  

Yes, THAT UTSA.  

The junior college that no football fan even knew existed the last time we won a conference title.  

The team that won 11 straight before losing to us…but nobody mentions that because in their next game they won a conference title.  

The team who is hosting a ranked Houston squad…then playing Army…then Texas…and the Gameday analysts give them a punchers chance in all oc them.  

Meanwhile, we’re asking if a win over an unranked SMU team will redeem our coach’s tenure.   

And don't forget, people got pissy when some of questioned if the win streak last season was in the best interest for this program in the long term. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, LitMedallion said:

"The road birds are the second most overrated team in college football this season after Texas."

When did we get rated? Serious question. Yeah, we're getting some love, but no ratings. There's the smart part of me that knows we'll be 7-5 or 6-6 at the end of the year provided all players stay healthy and keep their grades up. It's gonna be hard to replace the defensive rotation we lost and the RB1 we lost.

Let me ask, when y'all beat Arkansas, did you get credit for beating a terrible team or an SEC team? I know the answer. When we beat Illinois, who then beat Penn State, who also beat Auburn..."illinois was terrible", yet all the B1G teams get credit for beating Illinois. 

Ok overhyped then. My recollection was we got credit for beating a really bad team. The only reason people hyped it up was because of the fake fair catch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Moobs said:

I mostly agree with this. But I add nUTSAck and SMUt to the exceptions. I want them both to lose all games, always, forever and ever. 

I don’t want our direct competition in recruiting to win. Let teams elsewhere in the conference be successful and UTsa suffer 10 loss seasons. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

My apologies.   A lot of people around here really loathe you guys because there were a handful of jaggoff UTSA fans who came on here and pissed on our antpile way back in the day.

There are a few level-headed fans who don't really think UNT VS UTSA is much of a "rivalry", rather, just another divisional game.  Obviously, those are a little more heated/important, but for me, it's not at the level of hatred that a lot of folks around here feel about y'all.   
Over the past 10 seasons, I've felt LATech has been more of a heated/relevant divisional "rival" than UTSA... but their fans are cordial around here, so I guess it's hard to hate them.

That said, his first take was absolutely a good one.   I don't think very many people in Texas (at least, outside of the San Antonio Metro, definitely up here in DFW) knew there was a UT Satellite campus in San Antonio in 2004, which was the last time we won a conference title, sadly.   I know I had no clue about y'all.

And man, tell us about subpar AD/University leadership...   That's a struggle we dealt with for quite a while.  We're only recently under the leadership of a President who sees the benefits of Athletics, and an AD who has enjoyed success in just about everything he's done.     Best of luck in remediating that mess.  We need y'all to be a strong conferencemate in the AAC with us.

It was an accurate take but terrible trash talk. Effectively, it means that it has been so long since we won a championship that another university has had time to build itself up and pass us. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

It was an accurate take but terrible trash talk. Effectively, it means that it has been so long since we won a championship that another university has had time to build itself up and pass us. 

That wasn’t an attempt at trash talk.  I meant exactly what you perceived me to say

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not to add salt to the wound, but I was right.  
 

We got our doors blown off by SMU…and UTSA took a #24 Houston team (that will beat SMU) to triple overtime.  
 

The community college in San Antonio is going to wipe the floor with Seth’s squad…and there will be no mercy because they remember last year. 

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.