DRC: Prediction -- Talent gap, injuries will be too much for UNT to overcome against SMU

Brett Vito

I know most people are pessimistic with good reason, but there are things in our favor. SMU secondary is apparently questionable in terms of ability. New coach for first game is a huge advantage for us at home I think. Our oline held really well against a good UTEP d front. There are margins we can win at here, and if we capitalize on them, we may just win. But it will depend on Aune and the receivers having a good game. I don't think SMU's front 7 will let us run.

Looking at the box score from last years game…. 

A few things. We were into that game for 2.5 quarters. Jace Ruder started that game and threw 51 passes. We were just starting in Phil Bennett’s defense. 

This is such a different team this year vs last year. 

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, malonish said:

Front 6/7 are a proven group. Secondary needs work / to prove itself.

Well, if one has to choose between the two groups to have proof, you chose the right one!

I think we can win this I a slugfest if we pound the ball, require minimum from our QB.  But SL doesn't like to do that.  He wants to fling it around and see if the QB can take over.

Not totally sure what will transpire but I am with @CMJ: if we have a lead going into the 4Q, we are equipped to steal this.