Jeff Traylor makes plea to fill up Alamodome for Houston game

Coach Andy Mac

If we have any marketing at all, they better be hustling for figuring out how to get butts in seats for games here with TX Southern, Florida Atlantic, Florida International, and Rice in the game after Thanksgiving.

That home schedule after this weekend is gonna be really sparse if we are bad. Nobody from F_U travels, nobody cares about them, either. And Rice, on Thanksgiving weekend, equals about 2500 people.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

17 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

SMU offering 4 free tickets for their home opener to all city of Dallas employees. Wonder if UNT does the same for city of Denton employees... Great way to make a few fans or at least get butts in the seats for a game.

My niece works for City Hall, I asked her about this and she hasn't heard anything about it. Where did you see this?

• Upvote 1

On 8/31/2022 at 4:47 PM, Cougar King said:

Here's why Traylor is begging the KFC fans to come out. The Alamodome is opening up their upper decks, something they didn't even do last year. Let's just say it's not the folks in orange and white that's buying all the tickets. 😉

Opened up the upper deck for a few games last year.  There wont be as many at this game as there were a the UAB and title game, but close.  There will be quite a few coog fans there, but dont let your head get too big.  Won't compare to how many Roadrunner fans will show up.  Houston can't get over 30k to show up to a home game, we hit a few games in the 40k range last year, but you think we will be outnumbered at home?  Truthfully, I dont know how Houston has had so much success, but struggles with attendance as much as they do. 

Edited by Rowdy
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

2 hours ago, VideoEagle said:

I'm not going to belittle any school trying to get better turnout for a home game. We need more attendance. All the other schools in CUSA need better attendance. SMU and UofH could both use better attendance. 

I'm not sure how, but we need to work toward getting people to come see North Texas play regardless of the opponent. Visitors should never be counted on bringing more than a few thousand fans - just enough to fill up the visitor section and let home team fans fill the rest of the stadium. 

It will take work from the AD staff...marketing, ads, media, talks with city and business leaders, social media with students, etc.  Not just a tweet saying to "expect a big crowd".   The rest of the games on the home schedule will require more effort. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, NT80 said:

It will take work from the AD staff...marketing, ads, media, talks with city and business leaders, social media with students, etc.  Not just a tweet saying to "expect a big crowd".   The rest of the games on the home schedule will require more effort. 

Didn't realize it was homecoming, probably will be over 40k if both teams do well leading up to the game. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/31/2022 at 7:32 PM, tmjerm said:

I grew up a Coog and there was nothing more disappointing than that TEDCU opening.  Yuck.  I hope the Coogs wipe the nasty Alamodome floor wit dem.  #eatemup #beatsack 

TD! UTSA! Stadium. 😄 I live in Houston and I gotta admit, most coogs take it great because it ultimately woke up the fan base and admin that led to getting Tom Herman and bringing them back to where they were. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/31/2022 at 6:07 PM, 97and03 said:

Literally everything they do is a copy of someone else.

I mean you're not wrong, but I retort...any other school consider "Come and Take It" racist? I'm pretty sure UTSA has been the only US college to make that claim, so we got that going for us! 😄

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2