If Littrell beat SMU will you forgive his past sins?

BillySee58

14 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

No. 

Competing for conference championship appearances/trophies and bowl trophies is the measuring stick. Not wins that do not matter in the grand scheme of things. We beat the lips off of a June Jones led SMU team and it moved the needle none. It'd be fun. I'd enjoy it. But it doesn't bar any weight in getting to a champ game or winning a bowl game. 

Competing is no longer acceptable. Littrell had his opportunity.

ONLY WINNING CONFERENCE TITLES AND BOWL GAMES IS NOW ACCEPTABLE. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

🙄I’ll be 72 in November so I’m getting old(er), have lost another step & just a tad more forgetful but—what are SL’s  sins once again?8CA05A21-2DBB-4524-B99D-975C38C90FCE.jpeg.f364d71beeba003fe1b72da06f574bfa.jpeg

What are yours?  I know mine but good golly Miss Molly— “He who is without sin…”(?) 

Come on, folks, let it rest for one game because all its doing now is hurting the program & recruiting. Surely all you “hire & fire” human resources experts know potential recruits read GMG, especially the ones seriously considering North Texas.  

NOW—LET US PRAY!

D659581A-9882-44C8-AB03-CDC9FBA14F80.jpeg.03709b4586eb7ab9cf9b95015fe96a70.jpeg

🦅❇️🦅 BEAT THE HELL OUT OF SMU!

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1

45 minutes ago, meangreenbob said:

I disagree. Consistency is far more important than a flash in the pan of a single bowl win or a single time of getting to the conference champ game. SL has provided consistency. We are consistently 500. I appreciate that all things considered. Now, consistently competing for conference championship appearances and starting to win the lowered tiered bowls we are typically in is the next step. I think being a top 4 conference team and WINNING the bowl game has to be the line in the sand for this year. Bowl games can always be evaluated year by year, but we have not played in a bowl game under SL that was vs a superpower. Though some of the final scores would suggest otherwise. As I've previously stated, SL has flaws, but he's slowly making our ship rise. The bar or standard set now needs to be elevated. If he can do that, then he has earned more time. In a sport of practically no longevity, I think it provides a sense of program stability when you have that longevity. Maybe I'm being too optimistic. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Would you forgive someone if they gave you something that you've been wanting badly for a couple years after that same person took your family and dragged them through the mud and flogged them?

Honestly, I just want to be an 8 win team with a bowl win so if he can do that, then I'll toss a towel to my family, LOL....Im kidding

• Upvote 4

If he gets blown out at home by a first year head coach in their first game while we’ve had a game under our belt, would you fire him on Monday?

if the answer is no then the answer to the original question is no 

I’ve learned over SIX SEASONS with Littrell that he can’t be judged by one game. Need to see the whole season play out. His History says UTEP is a 3-9 team this year. If we beat SMU, they’re a 5-7 team this year. 

I mean…..I’ll be happy but I’m out of the judging Littrell after one game business. 

One win against SMU doesn’t erase 6 years of mediocrity. (Yes 2 good years sprinkled in with 4 not so good years = mediocrity)

Call me if he goes 10-2 wins the conference champ game and wins a bowl game 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

41 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

If he gets blown out at home by a first year head coach in their first game while we’ve had a game under our belt, would you fire him on Monday?

if the answer is no then the answer to the original question is no 

I’ve learned over SIX SEASONS with Littrell that he can’t be judged by one game. Need to see the whole season play out. His History says UTEP is a 3-9 team this year. If we beat SMU, they’re a 5-7 team this year. 

I mean…..I’ll be happy but I’m out of the judging Littrell after one game business. 

One win against SMU doesn’t erase 6 years of mediocrity. (Yes 2 good years sprinkled in with 4 not so good years = mediocrity)

Call me if he goes 10-2 wins the conference champ game and wins a bowl game 

Didn't we lose to team in bowl game that lost most of its coaching staff and was coached by the players and the equipment manager?  I think it might have been Utah State?  So I don't think first year coach will save him.

• Upvote 6

• Harry featured this topic
6 hours ago, meangreenbob said:

SO, you want SL to suddenly take on the personality traits and coaching attitude of Grant McCasland? 

Sounds good to me. 

I've always favored a "I didn't come here to lose" coaching style.........😎

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

I have been thinking more about this and here is my take.  We have to win the game against SMUT or Memphis because they will be our future conference mates.   If we look bad in those two games SL could win ever game after that and would still let him go.  We are making a big jump next year we have to be ready.  CUSA is a weak conference so those games won't really matter as we look to the future.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, 2020 Sucks said:

“SMU would beat UNT ten times by 20+ if they played ten times”. -Dana Dimmel

If SL keeps SMU from scoring 50, he should get to coach next week!

No, he is week-to-week with me.  First loss and I'm ready to send him into the coaching portal!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

4 minutes ago, untphd said:

I wear bifocals, but I can see a banner in somebody's future.

Where do you even start? RV is back, Wren needs to take responsibility for this mess. Seth does not even want to be here anymore, this is just hurting his resume at this point.