Jump to content
  • Image

UNT vs SMUt Score prediction


Recommended Posts

If weather isn't an issue, this one probably won't be close. We piss down our legs so bad when we see a Mustang on the helmet across the field.

If the weather is rainy and wet, I could see us keeping real close and even winning because of our running game and getting some TOs.

But assuming the weather conditions are somewhere in the middle of no rain and dry versus pouring down, I'll take SMU 43-19

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watch the 2 videos featuring the Coach & QB.  Look at the quirky smiles. They are very smug & confident they’re going to squash North Texas like a June bug. (They were the same way in 2018, too, before Dykes discovered the joy of raiding P5 school rosters & later a particular G5 roster). 

(Adjusted)
UNT 35     
SMU 31 

🗣••• A Denton & DFW UNT alums showing like no other time before in Denton sports history could do very much for the electricity inside Apogee.   In fact, a few Mean Green players are requesting for that to happen.  

1150A919-83E5-433C-AB7A-713F25276F8A.jpeg.311858ddee274938024b17559f03744e.jpeg

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

If weather isn't an issue, this one probably won't be close. We piss down our legs so bad when we see a Mustang on the helmet across the field.

If the weather is rainy and wet, I could see us keeping real close and even winning because of our running game and getting some TOs.

But assuming the weather conditions are somewhere in the middle of no rain and dry versus pouring down, I'll take SMU 43-19

Prost mate,

Here it to rain and turnovers, we know we can run the ball.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You guys may be right that some rain could help us out but it would kill the crowd, which is an advantage in itself. 

I have no idea how to pick this one, really.  I still think SMUt should win, but it will be difficult to integrate all those newcomers.  Our offense has a lot of experience.  SMUt has questions in the secondary, but our passing game isn't exactly our strength.  One can bet that SMUt will load up to stop the run game and probably go so successfully.  Our defense is still struggling, and SMUt has a MAJOR advantage there with their passing game. 

I think it is unlikely we can hold them under 30, so our offense will have to step up against a more talented team.  They have not proven they can do so.

SMUt 35

UNT 24

Please let me be wrong.

  • Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Puking Eagle 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Udomann said:

It would move the needle in his favor, definitely, but until SL shows us he's capable of putting together a strong enough offense/OC to consistently compete at the AAC level, then I really think we could still do better for that much money. Our defense and RBs are the only reason I think we have a shot in this game, both courtesy of Bennett and Cobbs

Bennett snd Cobbs hired themselves?

If a miracle hit and Littrell led NT got 9 plus wins, I can't wait to see the rationale why it was due to anything but the head coach.  

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Bennett snd Cobbs hired themselves?

If a miracle hit and Littrell led NT got 9 plus wins, I can't wait to see the rationale why it was due to anything but the head coach.  

Now it just feels like you're trying to pick a fight when there doesn't need to be one.

2 good hires don't erase the history of bad ones, but maybe it starts a new trend and then yes, we are all excited to see where Seth goes from there.

But right now SL has a body of work to overcome, not just a good hire or a good win, and dig himself out of. A 9 win season wouldn't erase the last several, and I don't think we should go throwing him extensions every time something goes right. I'd rather start seeing more go right than wrong, and until I'm confident that our coach can field a full package, I'm going to continue to be cautious. Give us consistency and something to look forward to and I'll be right back on board the Seth Train.

Edited by Udomann
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Udomann said:

2 good hires don't erase the history of bad ones, but maybe it starts a new trend and then yes, we are all excited to see where Seth goes from there.

He has had more hits than misses with hires. He missed on Reeder, Joseph, and Bowen. Who am I missing? He hit on Harrell, Choice, Davis, Filani, Koonz, Biagi, Baker, and LeBlanc who all left for P5 gigs.

Edited by Cr1028
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Udomann said:

Now it just feels like you're trying to pick a fight when there doesn't need to be one.

2 good hires don't erase the history of bad ones, but maybe it starts a new trend and then yes, we are all excited to see where Seth goes from there.

But right now SL has a body of work to overcome, not just a good hire or a good win, and dig himself out of. A 9 win season wouldn't erase the last several, and I don't think we should go throwing him extensions every time something goes right. I'd rather start seeing more go right than wrong, and until I'm confident that our coach can field a full package, I'm going to continue to be cautious. Give us consistency and something to look forward to and I'll be right back on board the Seth Train.

Football and sports in general is a now game, don't get this he has this to overcome mantra. 

If he has a good season, he will get a new contract.  His record up to this year has little to do with it. 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

He has had more hits than misses with hires. He missed on Reeder, Joseph, and Bowen. Who am I missing? He hit on Harrell, Choice, Davis, Filani, Koonz, Biagi, Baker, and LeBlanc who all left for P5 gigs.

I would say, as mentioned above, Cobbs and Bennett have been hits along with Gush, Clements, Mayes and Bloesch.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I would say, as mentioned above, Cobbs and Bennett have been hits along with Gush, Clements, Mayes and Bloesch.

I think CR1028 was quantifying the "hit" hires as ones who left to P5 gigs VS those that were fired.  It's purely a retrospective look at the hires.  Not necessarily what we have now.
Not quite sure what Mayes has done to garner him a "hit" in your eyes (not a failure either), and Clements has been here for about 5 minutes.  His history is nice, but he hasn't done anything here.

But to add to the bad ledger, let's not forget Nate Brown & one of Littrell's worst misses after Bowen & Reeder: Chuck Langston.  And Coach Ekeler's 2nd go-round here was also a bust.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.