3 NEW UNIS!

MrStrange18

2 hours ago, wardly said:

Did you notice Saturday is "High School Band Day?" Back before time began North Texas had an annual high school band day, which was fun for the kids and jacked attendance up a tad.

Ha!  What a kick in the groin to SMU’s Band Program in front of all of those HS kids. We march out the Green Brigade and they march out their pep band. As I understand it, the pep band is not affiliated with their school of music, but who cares?!?  The optics are….hilarious!😂😂😂

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, wardly said:

Did you notice Saturday is "High School Band Day?" Back before time began North Texas had an annual high school band day, which was fun for the kids and jacked attendance up a tad.

I repeat posting these 2 pics of past UNT Band Days in the 1960’s. 
Note: They had a Band Day scheduled for the home opener last year(?) but due to the heat band members were falling out like flies so UNT officials wisely sent them home. 😱•••If UNT had a Band Day that featured all the Texas & Oklahoma high school bands whose band directors all graduated from our favorite school they’d probably fill 1 (maybe 2) Apogee Stadiums.
* The pic of a UH Band Day in 1966 & at a game I attended I throw in for free. (That would be 13,000+ total band members on the Astrodome field). 
B2A02012-F8CD-487E-A9D2-CF3D523A0CF9.jpeg.83c3f31211aa431e932bf49a9fc536d3.jpeg17D3CBD8-AD11-44AE-986D-8284932F2E0D.jpeg.a1a9fdf3f4b3f32e220a1120f070a1ae.jpeg4D572B30-F3C1-486D-A482-52890C33B42E.jpeg.f47dfd6283b268892116721be786c185.jpeg

GMG! 

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1