This UTEP win on the road was Littrell's biggest win of his career at UNT

Jonnyeagle

Cracks me up. Half the folks here were screaming that if Seth does not beat UTEP, he needs to go. A big game on the road with a packed house should be the ultimate test for him. 

he wins, and those same people are down playing the win….it means nothing cause UTEP is not really a measuring stick  

enjoy the win and encourage the continued momentum  

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 2

17 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I hope we beat SMU just so I can see some of y'all try to down play the win instead of giving Littrell credit. 

"When you really look at it SMU is breaking in a new coach with tons of new starters. No reason we shouldn't have won with Littrell being here so long. Still waiting for an impressive win!" 🙄

SMU is a good team with far better recruiting than us.

They should beat us handily. I will be impressed if Littrell can win this game, but I don't think he will, because he usually loses against good teams.

• Upvote 6

37 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I hope we beat SMU just so I can see some of y'all try to down play the win instead of giving Littrell credit. 

"When you really look at it SMU is breaking in a new coach with tons of new starters. No reason we shouldn't have won with Littrell being here so long. Still waiting for an impressive win!" 🙄

That's odd, I hope we beat SMU for completely different reasons.  

1) They're SMU, and I hope they lose their spring game every year

2) We would be 2-0

3) This would represent one of very few times a SL led team went into a game as a solid underdog and found a way to get the job done.   I'd give him full credit for that.  

Now, a question for you.   If/when SMU drops 30+ on us or wins by 20+, will you stop pretending that judging SL on his record here is somehow unreasonable or hyperbolic?  

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, emmitt01 said:

That's odd, I hope we beat SMU for completely different reasons.  

1) They're SMU, and I hope they lose their spring game every year

2) We would be 2-0

3) This would represent one of very few times a SL led team went into a game as a solid underdog and found a way to get the job done.   I'd give him full credit for that.  

Now, a question for you.   If/when SMU drops 30+ on us or wins by 20+, will you stop pretending that judging SL on his record here is somehow unreasonable or hyperbolic?  

I guess you missed my post was mostly a sarcastic response to the people on this forum who will never be happy Littrell is our coach no matter what he does. People who would rather us lose every game so Littrell is fired than see him turn things around. 

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Cracks me up. Half the folks here were screaming that if Seth does not beat UTEP, he needs to go. A big game on the road with a packed house should be the ultimate test for him. 

he wins, and those same people are down playing the win….it means nothing cause UTEP is not really a measuring stick  

Some people here will never be happy with Littrell. Now the measuring stick is the SMU game. As if losing to the best team on our schedule will be a massive cause for concern. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

5 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Some people here will never be happy with Littrell. Now the measuring stick is the SMU game. As if losing to the best team on our schedule will be a massive cause for concern. 

I’m more pro-UNT than anything else. I think the way the SMU game plays out will be a huge early indicator.  A straight up beat down would be awful….a back and forth battle would be more palatable loss…any type of win would be welcome.  Just can’t have the blow out loss. I don’t think it will be. I have to believe PB has a scheme lined up. It’s for the players to execute. GMG!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

It was a crappy team that is why a win was important. I did not see anyone build up UTEP. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Did you even watch the game? Did you notice all the wide open deep passes UTEP dropped when the ball hit their WRs in the hands? I hope we win but Seth looked uninterested to me most of the time. Probably waiting to play more golf. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, Jonnyeagle said:

I know that many will disagree, and use the road win against Arkansas as the evidence.  Please remember Arkansas was a dog turd that season and had just lost a game to lowly Colorado State.  Others will say UTSA last season, but that game was at home and in monsoon weather conditions which favored UNT greatly.

I really see the win Saturday night as the pinnacle thus far for Littrell in his 8-year head coaching career. 

Guys, if a road win at UTEP after 8 years is Littrell's best win then the apocalypse is truly upon us.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Or... If seth loses to one of NCAAFs worst teams he should go.

The other side is he beat a really bad looking team and gets a redemption shot.

Not sure why some of you guys are ready to sign an extension after beating... Freaking UTEP

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

You do realize we only beat UT...El Paso,  not the Austin variety??   UTEP may be worse than expected; they are 32 point dogs to OU this week on National TV (Fox).  This week's Smut game will be a better barometer of where we are.  I'm not cutting Seth any slack until beats Smut, goes at least 8-4 and Wins a Bowl!