This UTEP win on the road was Littrell's biggest win of his career at UNT

Jonnyeagle

I know that many will disagree, and use the road win against Arkansas as the evidence.  Please remember Arkansas was a dog turd that season and had just lost a game to lowly Colorado State.  Others will say UTSA last season, but that game was at home and in monsoon weather conditions which favored UNT greatly.

I really see the win Saturday night as the pinnacle thus far for Littrell in his 8-year head coaching career. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 6
  • Downvote 3

I think the win Saturday night was better than expected.  I was cautiously optimistic going into the game.  Overall, we played pretty well.  The atmosphere looked great with an near packed house of 45,000 in the  stands.  Hats off to UTEP and the people of El Paso.  Good job.

Contrary to some, I think UTEP will end up with a good season this year. 

The on-line streaming I suffered through?  That’s another story.  Sad.

• Upvote 7

5 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

I think the win Saturday night was better than expected.  I was cautiously optimistic going into the game.  Overall, we played pretty well.  The atmosphere looked great with an near packed house of 45,000 in the  stands.  Hats off to UTEP and the people of El Paso.  Good job.

Contrary to some, I think UTEP will end up with a good season this year. 

The on-line streaming I suffered through?  That’s another story.  Sad.

I too experienced some buffering delays.  Seems like that is an ongoing issue with the Stadium feed.  Why can't we just play on ESPN like everyone else?

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2

6 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I think 3-9 is right about where that team is….

I think so too. Their record last year is misleading. The only team they beat with 6+ wins was an ODU team that finished 6-7. Every other win was against teams that finished with 2-4 wins. I don't think this week 0 win will look as impressive in a couple months but I'd gladly be proven wrong.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I think the win VS UTEP LAST YEAR was bigger for Littrell, for sure.    Lose that one, and you're likely fired. 

Same road for Seth this year too.

The way some talked the week before the game and thru the first half you would think we're chopped liver. We went a step forward with this win and I understand we ain't there yet. But it's a start. 

Edited by RBP79

4 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

I agree with this more. 

I hope we beat SMU just so I can see some of y'all try to down play the win instead of giving Littrell credit. 

"When you really look at it SMU is breaking in a new coach with tons of new starters. No reason we shouldn't have won with Littrell being here so long. Still waiting for an impressive win!" 🙄

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1