Attendance prediction for smut?

Hunter Green

11 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Lol what would be a reasonable price to you? $10? 

This board kills me sometimes. Always whining about lack of funding and fan support, but then complaining about paying $50 for a bowl game right down the street. 

Probably $30, but $50 isn't the issue

Here's my take.  I was glad we made a bowl game, thrown together at the last minute or not, but they stuck it in the middle of the week, in the middle of the afternoon, and it isn't just down the street for me.  To take a couple of days off of work, make a 5 1/2 hour one-way drive to see us play Miami-OH in a soccer stadium in Frisco just didn't move the needle enough for me and I love North Texas.  In the end, it wouldn't have mattered if it were free, I would not have been able to attend anyway due to some health issues in our family

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Back on topic, I would hope for around 28,000+ considering our Week  0 win, smuT being the opponent and their fans wanting to see the new coach, etc...  

I think 28K is about right.
40% chance of rain but no sweltering heat in the forecast & that is a good thing.  
•••If the record-breaking Freshmen class show in abundance SRO is within reach.  

Dandy Don’ism: If ifs & buts?

I wish the MG were in mid-season form instead of the present because of so many young players with just one game under their belt. Oh well…

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, DentonLurker said:

I think we are just going to disagree. To me, convenience outweighs the false sense of demand you’re referring to in the minds of students in the year 2022.

Alright my friend! But this is not a difference of opinion.  While the ticket line might be off-putting to you, to my knowledge the advertising industry knows that a high demand for something - or the illusion of high demand - raises interest on a community/broader level.

Just speaking from experience (music/entertainment industry here), people are less inclined to go to an event if they see that most of their friends aren't interested either.

Maybe we have someone around here in the ad/marketing industry that can confirm this, or prove me wrong.

• Upvote 2

On 8/30/2022 at 5:31 PM, Cr1028 said:

Same here. I was shocked when I went up to the “box office” at minute maid park and they told me they could not sell me a ticket. What if someone that didn’t have a smartphone or service walks up? Sorry no baseball for you?

Globe Life is soooooo much better. The Rangers box office staff was fantastic and so helpful.

That sounds terrible! So much for additional walk-up tickets sold.

The box office employees act like they can't sell you a ticket as if they don't have access to the system. BS.

Edited by Matt from A700
  • Thanks 1

On 8/30/2022 at 6:01 PM, Coffee and TV said:

I miss the souvenir but much prefer digital in this day and age. In my day all you needed was to flash your student ID.

Don't get me wrong, flashing the ID sounds super easy and awesome. But I would definitely opt for flashing my ID and getting a physical ticket.

I haven't seen ticket prices going down to account for not using ticket stock.

Edited by Matt from A700

On 8/31/2022 at 6:42 AM, MeanGreenTexan said:

Now that I’ve brought it to your attention (to look around the home side & not in the hot/sunny visitor side), estimate SMU’s attendance again.   If you still come up with 1k, I dunno what to say.  They definitely bring more than 1k.

SMU fans are notorious, for not unifying with a single color for games. La Tech is similar, some Pony fans wear red, some blue, some white and some no color affiliation at all. Red shirts stand out, so that's what will be considered fan attendance. I went with a TCU buddy, to the game against SMU in Ft Worth last year and his tickets are on the west press box side. The red catches your eye, but I saw a least as many Mustang fans wearing white and even blue shirts...which is kind of stupid, since the blue blends in with purple. But, they have two dominate colors and people are going to wear what they want to. Keep an eye out for that tomorrow, you'll see what I mean.

• Upvote 1