Attendance prediction for smut?

Hunter Green

1 hour ago, Cooke County Kid said:

My wife bought tickets to Robert Plant/Allison Krause in Grand Prairie the same night as this game and I am sick, WTD...............

GO MEAN GREEN!!!
WIN GAMES!!!!!!!!!

Well do you want to watch a 74 year old rocker or a 28 year old college quarterback improve from week one to week two?

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

I guess I am old school. I still prefer the physical ticket, and hate events that are digital only, especially that force you to pay ticket fees. Plus the physical ticket trailer reminds students that there's a game this weekend.

Same here. I was shocked when I went up to the “box office” at minute maid park and they told me they could not sell me a ticket. What if someone that didn’t have a smartphone or service walks up? Sorry no baseball for you?

Globe Life is soooooo much better. The Rangers box office staff was fantastic and so helpful.

3 hours ago, Cooke County Kid said:

My wife bought tickets to Robert Plant/Allison Krause in Grand Prairie the same night as this game and I am sick, WTD...............

GO MEAN GREEN!!!
WIN GAMES!!!!!!!!!

Tell her to enjoy the concert and you will meet up with her at home later. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

3 hours ago, Cooke County Kid said:

GO MEAN GREEN!!!
WIN GAMES!!!!!!!!!

Zeppelin is legendary but dude is like 80 at this point. Easy choice.

2 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

I guess I am old school. I still prefer the physical ticket, and hate events that are digital only, especially that force you to pay ticket fees. Plus the physical ticket trailer reminds students that there's a game this weekend.

I miss the souvenir but much prefer digital in this day and age. In my day all you needed was to flash your student ID.

5 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

Plus the physical ticket trailer reminds students that there's a game this weekend.

Honestly, in 2022, you’d have to live under a rock to not know there’s a game this weekend. I don’t think the issue with students at UNT has typically been that they don’t know there’s a game. It’s convincing them that it’s the best place to spend their time.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

Honestly, in 2022, you’d have to live under a rock to not know there’s a game this weekend. I don’t think the issue with students at UNT has typically been that they don’t know there’s a game. It’s convincing them that it’s the best place to spend their time.

Not an excuse to not advertise, though.  Put that shit out there.  Make them see and read something about the SMU game no matter where they look.  It'll convince a few.   Then it'll convince a few others to research that we are 1-0, and they'll come to.  Then they will bring a few of their friends and fam.

Keep winning.  Keep advertising.  Play in a corn field.  Whatever gets them to come.

23 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Not an excuse to not advertise, though.  Put that shit out there.  Make them see and read something about the SMU game no matter where they look.  It'll convince a few.   Then it'll convince a few others to research that we are 1-0, and they'll come to.  Then they will bring a few of their friends and fam.

Keep winning.  Keep advertising.  Play in a corn field.  Whatever gets them to come.

I should clarify I’m not saying to not promote the game. I agree with you they should promote the game on campus like it’s the most important game ever. I just don’t think making students wait in line to get physical tickets is the answer. We need to convince them there’s not a single place they’d rather be than Apogee on Saturdays in the fall.

35 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

I should clarify I’m not saying to not promote the game. I agree with you they should promote the game on campus like it’s the most important game ever. I just don’t think making students wait in line to get physical tickets is the answer. We need to convince them there’s not a single place they’d rather be than Apogee on Saturdays in the fall.

When people see there is a high demand for something, they get curious.  Old advertising mind trick.

...so, it's not a bad idea to put something out there that illustrates high demand.  This includes ticket lines.

9 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I dunno where you sit, but I've maybe seen a handful of LATech fans in my section (205) before.  I don't recall seeing any UTSA fans in my section EVER.  I think UTSA fans like to sit together in the visitors section.  Their section always seems full.

And yeah, Houston will bring quite a few fans up around us.  I should have included them.  Not anything like that 2017 Army game though.  We were basically surrounded by black & gold.

But every time SMU rolls through, they leak into our section quite a bit.  Families w/kids, old/retired couples, etc... all kinds of people who don't want to just sit and bake in the sun on the East Side of Apogee.

La Tech probably had around 2-3K at the 2018 game and UTSA had a very strong showing last year. Maybe 2K?

SMU hasn’t come close to that. I honestly don’t think they’ve even cracked 1K. They even know their showings in Denton suck. 

• Upvote 5

45 minutes ago, greenminer said:

When people see there is a high demand for something, they get curious.  Old advertising mind trick.

...so, it's not a bad idea to put something out there that illustrates high demand.  This includes ticket lines.

I think we are just going to disagree. To me, convenience outweighs the false sense of demand you’re referring to in the minds of students in the year 2022.

9 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

La Tech probably had around 2-3K at the 2018 game and UTSA had a very strong showing last year. Maybe 2K?

SMU hasn’t come close to that. I honestly don’t think they’ve even cracked 1K. They even know their showings in Denton suck. 

Now that I’ve brought it to your attention (to look around the home side & not in the hot/sunny visitor side), estimate SMU’s attendance again.   If you still come up with 1k, I dunno what to say.  They definitely bring more than 1k.

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

12 hours ago, Coffee and TV said:

Zeppelin is legendary but dude is like 80 at this point. Easy choice.

I miss the souvenir but much prefer digital in this day and age. In my day all you needed was to flash your student ID.

If you haven’t seen Plant & Krauss, I recommend the show.  She’s incredible, and as you say, he’s a legend (albeit those days of rock are long gone).

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Now that I’ve brought it to your attention (to look around the home side & not in the hot/sunny visitor side), estimate SMU’s attendance again.   If you still come up with 1k, I dunno what to say.  They definitely bring more than 1k.

You are literally the only person I've ever seen suggest they bring this many. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1