Attendance prediction for smut?

Hunter Green

3 hours ago, Withers940 said:

I was at Apogee earlier today talking to a Deep throat informant and he said that someone in the ticket office told him that we 3,000 away from a sell out. This is tickets sold and not the student section. 

Take this with a grain of salt if you want to take it at all. 

So, you're saying this informant told you that we have sold 27000ish tickets? Or is it the seats that can be sold minus the student section? Also, if it's the latter, then how many seats are in the student section?

Edited by Green Crazy
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

Opening game attendance, during the Seth Littrell Era:

2016: 24,718 (vs SMU)

2017: 19,592 (vs Lamar)

2018: 29,519 (vs SMU)

2019: 23,057 (vs Abilene Christian)

2020: 7,611 (vs Houston Baptist)

2021: 18,716 (vs Northwestern State)

I predict somewhere around 23,000...

There's been lots of talk about freshman going home during Labor Day... It's true. Why? Not sure. It's just what they do!

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Snowy said:

Opening game attendance, during the Seth Littrell Era:

2016: 24,718 (vs SMU)

2017: 19,592 (vs Lamar)

2018: 29,519 (vs SMU)

2019: 23,057 (vs Abilene Christian)

2020: 7,611 (vs Houston Baptist)

2021: 18,716 (vs Northwestern State)

I predict somewhere around 23,000...

There's been lots of talk about freshman going home during Labor Day... It's true. Why? Not sure. It's just what they do!

I'll take the over on 2016

Edited by Coffee and TV
2016, but 2018 would be sweet
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, texx2818 said:

we had a pathetic crowd for the Frisco game, what makes you think this will be any different?

Maybe playing a school that some call our greatest rivalry will get a couple more fans out? 

If I were a prospective recruit & read this forum I would probably say—“No F’n Way, Jose!”

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, texx2818 said:

we had a pathetic crowd for the Frisco game, what makes you think this will be any different?

Dude why would they? The bowl only existed because of too many eligible teams, it was put together at the last minute with overpriced tickets in a soccer stadium against another mediocre opponent on a Tuesday? afternoon. Nevermind that the stadium's capacity is still only 2/3rds of Apogee even if it would have sold out.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

Dude why would they? The bowl only existed because of too many eligible teams, it was put together at the last minute with overpriced tickets in a soccer stadium against another mediocre opponent on a Tuesday? afternoon. Nevermind that the stadium's capacity is still only 2/3rds of Apogee even if it would have sold out.

Only UNT fans think $50 bowl tickets are too expensive lol

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, texx2818 said:

Because in Frisco we had to fill the stadium ourselves. Despite what many on this board think, SMUg brings possibly the biggest away game crowd of the year. Not to mention that their folks haven’t had a game yet and are chomping at their proverbial bits to watch some live football.

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

5 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Because in Frisco we had to fill the stadium ourselves. Despite what many on this board think, SMUg brings possibly the biggest away game crowd of the year. Not to mention that their folks haven’t had a game yet and are chomping at their proverbial bits to watch some live football.

Absolutely.   

The only other game I remember having as many opposing fans sit anywhere near me was Army.  Every time we play at Apogee, the West side is maybe 80/20 UNT/SMU fans.   Just look around you on Saturday, you'll see quite a bit of blue/red.

If y'all are only judging by the visitors section to see how many SMU fans are there, you're underestimating their pocketbooks and care to be seated with other SMU fans.   For them, it's comfort over crowd noise.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Absolutely.   

The only other game I remember having as many opposing fans sit anywhere near me was Army.  Every time we play at Apogee, the West side is maybe 80/20 UNT/SMU fans.   Just look around you on Saturday, you'll see quite a bit of blue/red.

If y'all are only judging by the visitors section to see how many SMU fans are there, you're underestimating their pocketbooks and care to be seated with other SMU fans.   For them, it's comfort over crowd noise.

La Tech, UTSA, and Houston all bring more fans then SMU. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

La Tech, UTSA, and Houston all bring more fans then SMU. 

I dunno where you sit, but I've maybe seen a handful of LATech fans in my section (205) before.  I don't recall seeing any UTSA fans in my section EVER.  I think UTSA fans like to sit together in the visitors section.  Their section always seems full.

And yeah, Houston will bring quite a few fans up around us.  I should have included them.  Not anything like that 2017 Army game though.  We were basically surrounded by black & gold.

But every time SMU rolls through, they leak into our section quite a bit.  Families w/kids, old/retired couples, etc... all kinds of people who don't want to just sit and bake in the sun on the East Side of Apogee.

• Eye Roll 1