Attendance prediction for smut?

Hunter Green

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

25k.

Also, look, we don't like Seth Littrells personality, or at least many people do not. But what he has done, turn a historically bad football program into a respectable/mediocre football program deserves some merit. No, he has not put us where we want to be. We want conference championships and bowl trophies. But he has stabilized an otherwise really bad program. He has created consistency and has put us in position to compete for more bowls (yes, I know the bowl system is different now) than any other coach (I believe) in UNT's history. I still think he mumbles too much. I still think he's a walking cliche. I don't like his personality or his body language. But he's getting us talked about beyond Thanksgiving almost every year. And, yes, I expect more. We'll see. He's 1-0. Let's support it. 

Agree on a lot of this. I’ve always said that when SL leaves here, this place will be MUCH better than when he got here. We were the worst program in FBS when he got here and turned that roster into 5 wins, just after we miraculously got 1. 

Going from bad to average is usually the biggest jump a team makes—and we did. But going from average to good and good to great is tough, which is exactly what we have seen. It certainly shouldn’t take away from what he has accomplished. 

• Upvote 5
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Good post although I don't dislike his personality.  I think he is a good man that wants to do things the right way and is going through the growing pains of being a first time head coach.  I think he is learning some on the job and it isn't quite as easy as he thought it would be considering the early success of the nine win seasons.  Might it be his demeanor that bothers you?  There are times he "appears" disconnected on the sidelines, but I think he is not one to be demonstrative and he has learned to trust his assistants.  This is probably the best overall staff he has had outside of his first crew.

I want him to succeed because I like him and think he is a good man, but this is a make or break year.  He has to show that he can win the big game, win a bowl game and move this program forward.

I know it doesn’t meet most of the criteria of a “big game”, but yesterday’s win was massive. First game of the year on the road in front of a sellout crowd vs a conference foe that’s coming off a winning season. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, DentonLurker said:

Yeah right. That ticket trailer was embarrassing. Digital tickets is the only way to go these days for students. It’s the easiest and fastest they’ve ever had it to get a ticket.

I personally don’t like it as much, but I have to agree on it being convenient/easiest

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I can’t remember the last time a UNT-SMU game brought under 20K, even at Fouts?

It will be the first week of classes this week, Labor Day is Monday. I would suspect many don’t leave and stay around. I know many students are really excited to go, and I’ve convinced/promoted this game for a few weeks to my friends/coworkers/random people.

I say

I will go with 28,429 Bob.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

I was at Apogee earlier today talking to a Deep throat informant and he said that someone in the ticket office told him that we 3,000 away from a sell out. This is tickets sold and not the student section. 

Take this with a grain of salt if you want to take it at all. 

13 or 3? Hahaha 

I mean that’s not bad whatsoever…

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

I was at Apogee earlier today talking to a Deep throat informant and he said that someone in the ticket office told him that we 3,000 away from a sell out. This is tickets sold and not the student section. 

Take this with a grain of salt if you want to take it at all. 

If this is the case they should be talking about that.  Need to drive the walk up to buy tickets now. 

• Upvote 3

I think the students are probably well aware of how we played this weekend, so we should bring a solid 21,000 to the game. On the other side, it's only a 40 minute drive up from Dallas for the SMU faithful, so they'll probably bring like 500 people...

I'll be optimistic and say 22,000

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Withers940 said:

Im going off what I was told...I was thoroughly surprised myself. 

Already got someone quoting me on Twitter.....Im expecting a call from ESPN to do a live spot later today

That would be me, and I’ve lined up a few spots on Fox4 and CBS11 tonight for you to elaborate on that!

Hahaha

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1