****OFFICIAL UNT VS. UTEP IN-GAME DISCUSSION***

Harry

17 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

You said Bennett’s antics were an ugly part of the game. I can only read that as a negative connotation. 

I also say his antics were good and bad, how do you read that?  I guess you didn't recognize my poor attempt at humor. 

I enjoyed watching Bennett on the sideline and believe his enthusiasm is contagious.

• Upvote 3

I know some are not too impressed with our win at UTEP, but I will tell you one thing. It's not easy to go into ELP and win. ELP is at an altitude and you will get gassed faster if your body is not used to it. Our guys did great despite the fact that UTEP practices out there and has an advantage of training at that altitude. It's not like going to Denver, but it does play a role. If you have ever gone from Denton to ELP in one day and then try to run out there in ELP, you will feel the difference. To me, that means we should play a lot better this week.

• Upvote 7

34 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

I also say his antics were good and bad, how do you read that?  I guess you didn't recognize my poor attempt at humor. 

I enjoyed watching Bennett on the sideline and believe his enthusiasm is contagious.

I guess the post just confused me. Glad to hear you liked Bennett’s passion though!

• Upvote 3

That was the quiet big crowd.  what was with the dj music-nothing fires up fans and team like "its a small world". we have a lot to get better at for SMUT.  Aune needs to hit his open receivers without short hoping itor over throwing six feet over the head of a receivers.  Hope our injured players can come back soon.  Maybe they kept them out because we start controlling the game? 

Why SL won't put a backup qb in the game amazes me.  It was Aune til the end.  

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

14 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

And dude!  “Unfortunately”?!?   Congratulations!  Forget the Mean Green that day & enjoy the awesome blessing of your new baby!

Wait a minute here.  She's being induced?  Can't they schedule that around the game?

Seriously, @Matt from A700congratulations on the new addition.  Prayers for a safe delivery, a healthy baby and a quick recovery for your wife.  Nothing beats being a parent.

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, NT93 said:

I agree, and I just don’t get it.  1) Most people have UTEP picked to finish ahead of us this year.  2) UTEP was favored.  3) We’ve traveled to El Paso five times in the past 10 years and have not beaten them by such a wide margin and I can guarantee you most of the their teams in the past 10 years are not as good as this one.

We beat what will probably be a middle of the pack conference foe by 18 points on the road and that’s not good enough.  I understand having high expectations, but I also understand realistic expectations.

Great win!!!  Let’s get another one at home on Saturday.

Maybe it's because they've lost 6 of their last 7 games....

• Upvote 6

36 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I'm so confused by some of the comments about Bennett on the sideline....I never gave it a thought. So he's an intense football coach. 

What the hell is going on?

It's not normal to see the best player on your defense (and by the end of this season, possibly one of the all time great LBs, statistically, at NT) just get reamed by his DC for a discipline gaffe.    Bennett is a different animal.   As long as the guys respond to it positively, I'm all for him doing this.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

33 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

It's not normal to see the best player on your defense (and by the end of this season, possibly one of the all time great LBs, statistically, at NT) just get reamed by his DC for a discipline gaffe.    Bennett is a different animal.   As long as the guys respond to it positively, I'm all for him doing this.

Agree with @MeanGreenTexan in the very least it was a little too much for me to see Bennett screaming at KD and also he might have gone after Rod even worse.  Agree that if it works ok but to see it come out that early in the season was surprising to me.  

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

43 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

i agree, i don't have a problem with yelling at your guys until they get to the sideline. Then you can grab them and talk to them there, but i thought him following him down the sideline to the bench was weird...

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

i agree, i don't have a problem with yelling at your guys until they get to the sideline. Then you can grab them and talk to them there, but i thought him following him down the sideline to the bench was weird...

To be fair, KD was jawing back.  I guess trying to explain himself.  Which, of course, comes across to Bennett as "excuses" (his roughing the passer penalty was clear as day).  That's likely why he kept going.

• Upvote 4

Didn't hear from SL after the game.  Dimel after the game said they would beat us 8 our 10 times.  I think he is like 0-5 against NT.  Minerdigs is interesting to read, Dimel doesn't make 2nd half adjustments, Dimel loses big games in front of large crowds.  Fire him on Monday,  I think they gave him a two year extension last year so I don't see that happening.  Maybe with a water down (cant believe I am saying this) CUSA they can dominate it.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

https://meangreensports.com/sports/football/roster/kd-davis/5511

Click on the link and look at the first picture that pops up.

Yeah, they definitely have a strong relationship.  KD said Bennett is the reason he returned for 2022 in the first place (and probably a key reason after looking around in the portal late as well).

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, golfingomez said:

Think of how often we saw this last year, how much he probably stressed it all camp and how many dumb things we did all in a row early. It makes total sense to me he lost his cool, because I was losing mine too and have the texts with @CaribbeanGreento prove it.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Quoner said:

Think of how often we saw this last year, how much he probably stressed it all camp and how many dumb things we did all in a row early. It makes total sense to me he lost his cool, because I was losing mine too and have the texts with @CaribbeanGreento prove it.

The roughing the passer penalty was mind bogglingly bad. Zero situational awareness.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Quoner said:

HEY! BOY DO YOU

• Ray 1