****OFFICIAL UNT VS. UTEP IN-GAME DISCUSSION***

Harry

1 hour ago, texx2818 said:

Do something about it then, boomer. Feel free to come say hi at a game, if I can stomach one.

Where are your seats.  I will be there for the smuT game.  Will you be able to get your shift covered at 7-11?  There has to be someone else that can run the slurpy machine.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 4

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Do y'all remember your first used car, that you couldn't really trust to turn over when temps were below freezing, but after mashing the gas pedal and slapping the dashboard a little bit, after a few turns of the ignition it would finally crank & run like a champ to get you where you were going?

This game was kinda like that.   I'm still worried this thing might break down, but the Mean Green got the W tonight against a salty UTEP team in a pretty packed Sun Bowl.   Way to go Mean Green!

Great analogy tbf

• Upvote 2

👏👏First of all, is this the best UTEP football team many of us have seen the last  50+ years?  They are going to win some key CUSA games this Fall. 
Yet…was it me or did it appear the Miners very talented offensive line were blatantly holding all night long?

I’ve watched some of the game replay already & officiating last night was one of the worst I can ever remember—it was terrible. Just glad it didn’t cost us the game. I think Littrell & Bennett would more than concur. (Will the CUSA officiating crews for our games in 2022 be going away gifts from Commish’ Judy)? 

Road games have rarely been kind to our favorite school’s football team in the past, so I think we should applaud & be proud of the Mean Green’s efforts in the Sun Bowl stadium last night and—better yet, they did it in front of a late night  national TV audience to boot!  

*** We need to hasten our NIL program in a very big way for us to annually compete for an American A.C. football championship.  We are competing against those who will pay up to $36K per player for said players to fall in love with their school overnight. 

See most of you at fabulous Apogee Stadium this Saturday. 

A2D900F2-CC1B-4936-B719-E20FC503160F.jpeg.9027c0c5dc9fa6819d80b1eaff7cb67a.jpeg

GMG! 

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Easy there. Tyron Smith dropped a deep TD pass when the game was still close and Aune still overthrew/underthrew many times. Not sure SMU receivers drop that deep ball and while Aune played a solid game, accuracy still needs to be better.

Happy for Aune right now though. He's the man for now.

Which is why I said no reason we can’t keep it close, and why I didn’t say we should do the same to SMU.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The 2nd half may have been one of Seth’s best coaching moments. The balance offense was great and Bennett and the D were outstanding. If Aunne can maintain these type of stats with very few turnovers we will have a good team. I was shocked with the 2nd shutdown by the D. Congrats to all! GMG 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

They knew we were going to run the ball in the 2nd half....between the tackles....and they couldn't stop it. If we keep doing that combined with timely passes and that defense...could be a good year.

Imagine being confident in the passes when it comes. I hold my breath every pass right now

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, BillySee58 said:

Which is why I said no reason we can’t keep it close, and why I didn’t say we should do the same to SMU.

You're much more optimistic than I am. They've got a legitimate quarterback in big D. Aune will need a perfect game because you can't depend on the run when you're down 2 scores in the 4th. I hope you're right and we keep it close. I like our odds if we're within a score late.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

57 minutes ago, C Rod said:

Some of y’all showed your true colors last night. 🤡

You forgot " not real fans"; but hey go ahead with being Okay with #Hit6 and paying 2 million a year for middle of the pack in a low FBS conference to go 14-21 over the past 3 seasons. I guess I could say your true colors are showing.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 8
  • Puking Eagle 1