Littrell week zero presser

Cr1028

Press conferences shouldn't be video'd. They are for the press to fill in quotes in the story they are about to write. Ever listened to Vito's questions? He is clearly asking about what he is about to write and needs quotes for the story. Nothing wrong with that, that is his job and why these exist.

Now if you want to say something about the Kickoff event, where this exact same thing happens, you're spot on.

• Upvote 5
  • Pissed 1

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

That's obviously the point of a PRESS conference.  Yes, I know.   
Still, fans and team members are watching.  What are you doing with this moment?   'Just getting through it' (as it appears he's doing), or using it as an opportunity to engage both the PRESS, as well as fans and team members?
I didn't go to any of the coaches' caravan stops, but if any of y'all did...  was Littrell's demeanor any different than this press conference when he was asked questions there?   The coaches' caravan is a direct way to communicate with fans.  Was he any different there?  Did he show any real excitement at all at those events?

I guess I don't care if my coach is a cheerleader for the fanbase. Sure, it's great if he does that, but it has no impact on his coaching ability. All I care about is the team he's able to put on the field. And based on how the team rallied last year they obviously buy into what Littrell and his staff are selling. That's way more important than a coach glad handing fans at caravans.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I guess I don't care if my coach is a cheerleader for the fanbase. Sure, it's great if he does that, but it has no impact on his coaching ability. All I care about is the team he's able to put on the field. And based on how the team rallied last year they obviously buy into what Littrell and his staff are selling. That's way more important than a coach glad handing fans at caravans.  

You’re putting each in a vacuum.

I’m saying they might be related.

• Upvote 4

23 hours ago, MeanGreenHoops said:

Press conferences shouldn't be video'd. They are for the press to fill in quotes in the story they are about to write. Ever listened to Vito's questions? He is clearly asking about what he is about to write and needs quotes for the story. Nothing wrong with that, that is his job and why these exist.

Now if you want to say something about the Kickoff event, where this exact same thing happens, you're spot on.

I think the audio speaks volumes without the need to see his passive body language and uncaring facial expressions. I mean, just close your eyes and imagine a sound bite of his. Uninspiring is the only word I can gather. 

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1

30 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I think the audio speaks volumes without the need to see his passive body language and uncaring facial expressions. I mean, just close your eyes and imagine a sound bite of his. Uninspiring is the only word I can gather. 

200.gif

• Haha 3

On 8/23/2022 at 4:21 PM, greenjoe said:

It seems to me, with the large number of professional broadcasters that have come out of North Texas, we could figure out some way to get a microphone to the members of the press asking questions. 

I don't think the technology exists yet

• Haha 1

On 8/24/2022 at 9:25 AM, MeanGreenHoops said:

This times 1000... Vito's "questions" are the worst part of these pressers. He spends all his questions leading them into what he wants them to say!

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/23/2022 at 5:13 PM, UNT86 said:

There is nothing of value in any of these press conferences and there never will be.

The value of press conferences are to get the fan base pumped up and give sportswriters something interesting to say about the upcoming game. Nobody expects a song-and-dance routine from the head coach but it's nice when they make it seem like their job is fun as hell and they can't wait for kickoff.

• Upvote 4