Depth Chart for Good Guys vs UTEP

Mazin Richards really shot up the depth chart. 
Very worried about that second safety position with Faulkner starting. It didn’t seem like he could cover WRs last year and I expect him to be exploited. 
Still lots of “or” on the chart that hopefully gets sorted out after UTEP. 

Edited by 97and03
  • Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

Just now, UNT86 said:

The safety position Faulkner plays doesn't have to cover someone elusive.  That position is all about run support and he is very good at that.  The other safety covers more and fills less.  

Let’s hope so because he also struggled at LB last year. 

• Upvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

On 8/22/2022 at 9:31 PM, Snowy said:

Only 4 seniors starting on Offense/Defense... Pretty young team.

Seems we say that every year at this point in the season. We never seem to age into experience. I don't follow other teams really, so I can't say if that is the norm or not. But every year "we have a 'stable' of RBs and we are have a ton of youth with talent." 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Seems we say that every year at this point in the season. We never seem to age into experience. I don't follow other teams really, so I can't say if that is the norm or not. But every year "we have a 'stable' of RBs and we are have a ton of youth with talent." 

Well, in addition to the four potential starters that are listed, they also have Preston Landis (#40) who gained 1641 yards and scored 25 TD's his senior year at Rockwall Heath (a 6-A school). And then there is Mr. Farrar (#20) who gained 980 yards and scored 16 TD's for state champion South Oak Cliff (5-A II).

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Maybe they have making sure Shorter stayed healthy in the preseason,  We all know what he can do when he is on the field.   

In many ways Shorter is the MVP of the team.  I think when he is healthy and making plays the entire program takes a huge step forward.  He’s a freak athlete and no one can cover him one on one.

• Upvote 3

I feel like I am in an alternative universe, but Shorter hasn't really played too much in his career. He had a good year two years ago, but averaged 2 catches per game. He has 2 career games over 100 yards. He averaged 35 yards per game that year. His best game was with 5 receptions. He benefitted greatly from having other NFL WRs on the field at the same time to take the primary defender coverage. So with all of that, are we collectively placing too many expectations on him? MVP of the team? Need to tap the breaks a little? First things first, we need a QB that doesn't launch the ball over his head and out of bounds. 

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin
  • Upvote 4