NIL vs. MGSF: What is better ROI?

greenminer

I read where the cost to attend North Texas (tuition, room, board and fees) is $25,386 per year.  That's $126,930 for five years and doesn't include tutoring services, nutrition services, healthcare, swag, etc...  How much more should a player be paid by the school?

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

I read where the cost to attend North Texas (tuition, room, board and fees) is $25,386 per year.  That's $126,930 for five years and doesn't include tutoring services, nutrition services, healthcare, swag, etc...  How much more should a player be paid by the school?

Big Ten Players Wonder Where They Fit Into a $1 Billion TV Deal

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I would give them a monthly food, clothing , and pocket money allowance, the amount being entirely subjective as some need more help than others.

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

21 hours ago, drex said:

Two things that are going to happen relative to NIL.  One, there will be a student revolt concerning student service fee usage by the athletic department and two, there are going to be law suits from women's sports to get a piece of the NIL money. This will not be just a North Texas problem, but across the nation.

Who will they sue? A group of volunteer alumni donating money? The corporations backing real NIL money? 
In my amateur opinion, the NIL as it stands is the perfect way to avoid Title IX issues, as the school has no (official) role in it but the lion’s share of the money will go to two men’s sports. Not saying I agree with that outcome but it is reality.

As others have said here, NIL should be about athletes getting endorsements deals or getting paid for autographs and not being I officially put on payroll by boosters. It’s just a damned shame it turned out this way and I am not sure it will stay this way. 
So give to the MGSF first and foremost. 

• Upvote 4