Hearing Aune has made major strides

Jonnyeagle

2 hours ago, Jonnyeagle said:

That was the talk of the meeting last night.  Hearing Littrell and the staff think he may have had one of the most dramatic QB improvements they have ever witnessed.  I know some remain skeptical but how great would it be if he has improved by a lot?  

Quinn Shanbour - Football Coach - University of North Texas Athletics (meangreensports.com)

Quinn Shanbour joined the North Texas coaching staff in 2019.  He was promoted to analyst working with the quarterbacks in April 2022.

Hmmm.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, emmitt01 said:

I want to be wrong about him, I mean REALLY REALLY wrong.  

Still…

B6C5120E-0183-4747-9C73-9D10D7A7651E.png

This statement is true if there isn't any consistent behavior intervention to change things.

The quote below has been the core belief of Weight Watchers for as long as I have heard about them. They shortened it to "It takes an adult 28 days to change a behavior/habit".  When anyone uses this quote, they always leave out the key word right before adult. And that word is "motivated". 

Physiologists agree that it generally takes about 28 days to change a habit. 28 days of consciously trying to make a change should lead to a permanent change. You must live consciously for 4 weeks, deliberately focusing on the changes that you wish to make. After the 4 weeks are up, only a little effort should be needed to sustain it.

So, in the case of our starting QB, the questions should be...

1. how many behaviors/habits need to be changed and

2. is he sufficiently motived to change them.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

at least he didn’t pull a Sark and name one starter and then have to come back hours later naming a different starter because the boosters weren’t happy.

Anyone who thought they weren’t going to start Ewers was just fishing to try to stir the pot. He was going to be QB1 before he ever stepped on campus. That boosters thing is just Twitter trash.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

Anyone who thought they weren’t going to start Ewers was just fishing to try to stir the pot. He was going to be QB1 before he ever stepped on campus. That boosters thing is just Twitter trash.

An Austin American Statesman reporter isn’t twitter trash though.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

On 8/20/2022 at 3:07 PM, DentonLurker said:

He gets his one year - No way Manning is not handed the bus keys on day one.

• Skeptical Eagle 2

2 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

He gets his one year - No way Manning is not handed the bus keys on day one.

Why?  Ewers happens to be 1 of only 3 perfectly rated QBs in the history of online recruiting rankings.  Yes, Manning happens to be 1 of the other 3.  But if Ewers tears it up this year, I don't see any good reason to hand anything over to Arch without a fierce battle.

1 hour ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Why?  Ewers happens to be 1 of only 3 perfectly rated QBs in the history of online recruiting rankings.  Yes, Manning happens to be 1 of the other 3.  But if Ewers tears it up this year, I don't see any good reason to hand anything over to Arch without a fierce battle.

I saw some Ewers highlights from Southlake and I think he'll be a bust by P5 standards. Dude constantly under-throws his receivers. From the videos I saw, he even cost his team some touchdowns with how badly the balls were under-thrown. Maybe they've fixed that by addressing his footwork and off-balance throws. I guess that's why I'm not an analyst. Or maybe driving a Ferrari at Southlake with top notch coaching and camps helped him get that rating. I don't know.

Back to UNT talk, WanderingEagle hit it with the Ruder talk from last year and that's where my concerns are with Aune. So he looks great in camp in a system he's been in for 3 years. Great? He should look better than the guy who just got here. Now show us in a game that you can do it. Otherwise it's all useless. Reminds me of the famous Allen Iverson rant. "We talking about practice?"

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/20/2022 at 8:39 AM, Jonnyeagle said:

That was the talk of the meeting last night.  Hearing Littrell and the staff think he may have had one of the most dramatic QB improvements they have ever witnessed.  I know some remain skeptical but how great would it be if he has improved by a lot?  

I mean yeah if we had an offensive line that could give him that much time in the pocket and zero defenders guarding his target, I think we could be ok....

• Upvote 3