Copperas Cove Alum, Coach To Be Named To Hall Of Fame

cousin oliver

That team was so special and he was such a big part of that team. Loved his emotion and his moxie. Just a great football player.

2013 will remain my all time favorite team we have rolled with. Yeah, we had some tough losses, games we blew at Ohio, Tulane, and at home against UTSA, as well as a very respectable loss at Georgia. But that Rice game at home was electric and had the Stand, which will remain in lore around here. And we just beat up a good Ball State team here, as well as completely destroying UTEP on Homecoming. Wonderful memories for sure.

• Upvote 2

One of my all time favorites.  As a Temple guy who grudges hard against rival Cove, I’m super proud of him and Byrd’s contributions.  Byrd is back here in Bell County coaching as well.  Tough guys.  Brelan was just a straight gamer.  Great attitude and heart on top of incredible talent. 

• Upvote 1

He was electric.....forgot how fast he was.  One of my all-time favorites as well.   Special teams were special in those days.  They did it all Punt Returns, Kickoff returns and blocked kicks.  That whole group was special.  To bad we did not keep that ST coach.

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 2

18 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

That team was so special and he was such a big part of that team. Loved his emotion and his moxie. Just a great football player.

2013 will remain my all time favorite team we have rolled with. Yeah, we had some tough losses, games we blew at Ohio, Tulane, and at home against UTSA, as well as a very respectable loss at Georgia. But that Rice game at home was electric and had the Stand, which will remain in lore around here. And we just beat up a good Ball State team here, as well as completely destroying UTEP on Homecoming. Wonderful memories for sure.

Maybe my favorite video of all time and I like to bring it back from time to time. You’re welcome.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1