% Of Fans That Attended The School They Root For

Coach Andy Mac

UNT would love us some T-Shirt fans.  Unfortunately, the 15-20 I've converted into Mean Green fans (at least as a secondary team) here in Connecticut are not going to move us off the 99.999% figure of this poll.

Edited by keith
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think a lot of fans are extended family of students that go/went there.   If your child goes to Arkansas and you send $$ there you are probably at least a t-shirt fan of them while your child is a student there.  

I do agree with A$M's numbers.  They are a cult and you have to be brainwashed as a student to follow them continually. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

You have to remember that schools like OU and Arkansas are the team for the entire state.  Attend there or not, if you grew up in one of those states you probably followed OU and Arkansas they way kids in DFW follow the Cowboys.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, CMJ said:

There are some surprises on the list - a school like Kansas State for instance I thought would have been more like 90% alumni since KU is the top dog in Kansas and would theoretically get most t-shirt fans. 

Pretty interesting overall.

Don't take anything from BigGameBoomer seriously.  Super fan who 1) doesn't know everything about college sports, and 2) likes to have an edge to his polls to attract more attention.

We have a couple of posters here who like to bring that garbage from Twitter to watch us get all rattled.

• Upvote 2