If Littrell beat UTEP will you forgive his past sins?

33 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Also no nepotism in Aune’s selection as starter. Huge difference between being conservative and choosing to waste a scholarship on your buddy’s kid. 

10,000 percent! At least Aune was a TCU signee. McNulty would not have sniffed a FBS roster without the help of his godfather.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

10,000 percent! At least Aune was a TCU signee. McNulty would not have sniffed a FBS roster without the help of his godfather.

Aune was a TCU signee 10 years ago though. How many schools wanted him this time around being this far removed from HS football? I get your point though...

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

19 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Aune was a TCU signee 10 years ago though. How many schools wanted him this time around being this far removed from HS football? I get your point though...

27 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I get what you’re saying too but we agree that at some point folks thought Aune was a FBS player. McNulty could never say the same as a recruit outside of his dad’s best friend. This is also why as a true freshman he was sent in to score the first touchdown in Apogee stadium history.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

I get what you’re saying too but we agree that at some point folks thought Aune was a FBS player. McNulty could never say the same as a recruit outside of his dad’s best friend. This is also why as a true freshman he was sent in to score the first touchdown in Apogee stadium history.

Yes you're right on those points.

2 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Arkansas, you know, the school he transferred from to North Texas. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

I won’t argue he hasn’t been accurate at all.  Six (?) years off really takes you out of rhythm and then the yo yo of being the guy then not being the guy and Covid weirdness all create some reasonable explanations (not excuses) for inconsistency.  I don’t think it’s far fetched to believe he’s finally been able to lock back in to a rhythm at all.  I hope it’s true.  And I’ll even go ahead and say I trust he has.  Will it be good enough to win 8+ games?  We’ll see.  

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

11 hours ago, RBP79 said:

When your Primary Offensive Weapon decides not to play and you have several defensive blunders attributed to player attitude......yea....it was a debacle.

Good thing that primary weapon is returning this season or we’d be in trouble I guess.

And those defensive guys you’re throwing mud on also contributed 13 tackles (including 4 TFL) & 2.5 sacks in that game.   Losing them hurts, make no mistake.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

11 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Good thing that primary weapon is returning this season or we’d be in trouble I guess.

And those defensive guys you’re throwing mud on also contributed 13 tackles (including 4 TFL) & 2.5 sacks in that game.   Losing them hurts, make no mistake.

That Primary Weapon is playing Pro-ball now and when players start talking back to their coach...thats a discipline problem that's demonstrated on and off the field.We'll see how much their leaving hurts.

• Upvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Every time I look at the spread it has slipped in favor of UTEP.  I think the opening spread was something like a 6 point favorite, then 3, then 2, and now even.

Looks like UNT was favored until it became more obvious the same QB who started last year would be starting again next week.

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 2

22 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Looks like UNT was favored until it became more obvious the same QB who started last year would be starting again next week.

And now it appears that Gunnell was not eligible all along.  Can’t wait to find out what other secrets Litterll and the AD are holding until right before the UTEP game starts…

• Confused 4
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Every time I look at the spread it has slipped in favor of UTEP.  I think the opening spread was something like a 6 point favorite, then 3, then 2, and now even.

That’s great news for folks wanting to bet on UNT. Should be easy money. If it makes you feel better ESPN still has us at a 60% chance of winning.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, Dannymacfan said:

And now it appears that Gunnell was not eligible all along.  Can’t wait to find out what other secrets Litterll and the AD are holding until right before the UTEP game starts…

McCarney would have never kept such secrets from us, the fans.

In all seriousness, I'm not seeing why he wouldn't be eligible. He played his true freshman and true sophomore seasons. He used the redshirt last year per Memphis' website. Plus he graduated from Memphis and is a grad transfer so there's not supposed to be any wait to be eligible. I'm not buying what this website says just yet.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

No.

Big Game Seth is 37-38 here, the definition of treading water despite having more resources than 90% of CUSA and 26 of those victories have come against teams with losing records or FCS schools. 11-38  against teams we should be competing with, and a few of these losses were against bottom 20 teams as well. The only way I bring Seth back is with a 3-1 record in OOC minimum, a conference championship and a bowl win, nothing less.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, RBP79 said:

That Primary Weapon is playing Pro-ball now and when players start talking back to their coach...thats a discipline problem that's demonstrated on and off the field.We'll see how much their leaving hurts.

Sorry.  I didn’t include the sarcasm tag.   If Torrey was that important, we are going to be in for a long season.  We’d better hope he wasn’t the crux of our success…

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

54 minutes ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

No.

Big Game Seth is 37-38 here, the definition of treading water despite having more resources than 90% of CUSA and 26 of those victories have come against teams with losing records or FCS schools. 11-38  against teams we should be competing with, and a few of these losses were against bottom 20 teams as well. The only way I bring Seth back is with a 3-1 record in OOC minimum, a conference championship and a bowl win, nothing less.

Year one 5-8  .385

9-5   .643

9-4   .692

4-8   .333

4-6   .400

6-7    .462

total      37-38     .493

Some times it is easier to see it if is broken down. I hope we are running on all 8 cylinders on Saturday. 20 some percent chance of rain, maybe that will help.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, untphd said:

Year one 5-8  .385

9-5   .643

9-4   .692

4-8   .333

4-6   .400

6-7    .462

total      37-38     .493

Some times it is easier to see it if is broken down. I hope we are running on all 8 cylinders on Saturday. 20 some percent chance of rain, maybe that will help.

Is this supposed to indicate that we are on an upward trajectory? Seth was 9-12 against teams who ended the season with a .500 record or better after 2018. 0-6 in 2019, 0-4 in 2020, & 2-5 in 2021 vs those teams. Over the last three years our strength of schedule has ranked 120th, 121st, and 111th. Since 2018 he is 2-15 vs. teams that ended the season with a winning record. Take away the 3 wins vs. FCS schools, and bottom feeders UTEP, Rice & MTSU his record is 4-21 overall with only 1 of those 4 wins coming against a good G5 team (2021 UTSA) .. He was exposed in 2019 and he still has a job for what reason I don't know.

FOUR (4) & TWENTY ONE (21) when you take out wins over FCS teams, Rice, UTEP & MTSU

In 2019 we beat Abilene Christian, 1-11 UTEP, 4-8 UTSA & 4-8 MTSU

In 2020 we beat Houston Baptist, 3-5 UTEP, 3-6 MTSU & 2-3 Rice

Last year we beat Northwestern State, 4-8 Rice, 3-9 USM, 7-6 UTEP, 1-11 FIU, AND 12-2 UTSA

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

Is this supposed to indicate that we are on an upward trajectory? Seth was 9-12 against teams who ended the season with a .500 record or better after 2018. 0-6 in 2019, 0-4 in 2020, & 2-5 in 2021 vs those teams. Over the last three years our strength of schedule has ranked 120th, 121st, and 111th. Since 2018 he is 2-15 vs. teams that ended the season with a winning record. Take away the 3 wins vs. FCS schools, and bottom feeders UTEP, Rice & MTSU his record is 4-21 overall with only 1 of those 4 wins coming against a good G5 team (2021 UTSA) .. He was exposed in 2019 and he still has a job for what reason I don't know.

FOUR (4) & TWENTY ONE (21) when you take out wins over FCS teams, Rice, UTEP & MTSU

In 2019 we beat Abilene Christian, 1-11 UTEP, 4-8 UTSA & 4-8 MTSU

In 2020 we beat Houston Baptist, 3-5 UTEP, 3-6 MTSU & 2-3 Rice

Last year we beat Northwestern State, 4-8 Rice, 3-9 USM, 7-6 UTEP, 1-11 FIU, AND 12-2 UTSA

Oh good, now do the same analysis for Dickey.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Oh good, now do the same analysis for Dickey.

There really is no comparison between Dickey and Littrell. Dickey didn't have 1/ 1 millionth the support, funding, resources, facilities, staff budget, recruiting budget that Littrell has. Big Game Seths salary is in the top ten of all G5 coaches yet he's never won a bowl game or conference championship. The more I look up about Seths tenure here the more confused I am about how he is still the head coach. That extension is a god awful blemish on an otherwise pretty good resume Wren Baker has put together in his time here.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 2