If Littrell beat UTEP will you forgive his past sins?

49 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

End result is the same because it's Littrell.

Lose Bowl game in the first scenario, Lose bowl game AND conference championship in the second.

I’d rather have a great regular season and play for a conference title than have an average season buoyed by 2 rivalry wins. 
Bowl games don’t move the needle much for me. They’re becoming less and less important in CFB and losing one doesn’t bother me much more than a regular season game. If the devil offered me a deal that UNT would win at least 8 games every year, but never win their bowl game I’d take it in a second. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, NT80 said:

A big NO to the original tread question!

As far as Patterson, he's a great coach.  I think he got burnt out at TCU and needed a break or a reset.  He has a temper too.  I don't know that we could afford him, or him even consider us.  Some quality coaches do enjoy the challenge of a rebuild.

Patterson would be a huge hire here…I mean Fry 2.0. Go from TCU to Denton and get some media and fan interest up.  Because right now, The Ticket, the biggest sports station in DFW by miles, isn’t even covering us in their week long college football preview, but TCU and SMU are included. That’s unforgivable….and has everything to do with us sucking as a program. We have got to give DFW media and fans a reason to care. If it’s not possible to do, we have zero business having a program because we provide nothing to a conference of DFW won’t bother with us.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

13 hours ago, texx2818 said:

No. Starting McNulty sealed the deal for me.

This was your answer to the question, “If Littrell beat UTEP will you forgive his past sins?”

I take that to mean, no, you will not forgive his past sins and that SL starting McNulty sealed the deal for you.  

So yeah, I guess I missed your point.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, texx2818 said:

Correct, I can not forgive his past sins because he’s choosing to start Aunulty.

I'm holding out hope it's just because Gunnell needs another week or two of practice since he just got here. We'll see.

Some must really love 50% completion percentages and 9/9 TD/Int to not see the comparison.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

13 minutes ago, texx2818 said:

Correct, I can not forgive his past sins because he’s choosing to start Aunulty.

When you say Aunulty, I get the point. but you said McNulty as if SL was the one that started him.  Thanks for clarifying.  

8 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Except McNulty was no where near as good as Aune. 

That's fair. The point is we're throwing Aune out there to start because what? He's a decent game manager who won't lose you a game? If the expectation is 50% completion with 1 touchdown and 1 interceptions while handing it off 30-40 times, I'm sure Gunnell can do that while he gets more familiar with the offense. They're acting like he's Derek Thompson who was a legitimate game manager who could still win you a game here and there.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

11 minutes ago, texx2818 said:

Bro. Aune barely completed 50% of his passes last year. In Littrell’s offense they would’ve been identical. At the very least if you want to argue the tallest midget then go right ahead.

There is NO WAY you suffered through 2014 and 2015 and still have this opinion. You’re just trolling now. Your hate for Aune and Littrell is clouding your judgment.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, texx2818 said:

Bro. Aune barely completed 50% of his passes last year. In Littrell’s offense they would’ve been identical. At the very least if you want to argue the tallest midget then go right ahead.

Aune can at least throw the ball deep. Can he complete it? Rarely. I don't think I ever saw McNulty actually get the ball down field. So I guess at least there's that.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Aune can at least throw the ball deep. Can he complete it? Rarely. I don't think I ever saw McNulty actually get the ball down field. So I guess at least there's that.

This is what it has come down to here…Aune vs McNulty—who was better?

I miss Mason Fine and Derek Thompson.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, texx2818 said:

Truly depressing isn’t it? 

Depressing was McNulty vs Josh Greer, the worst combo of QBs we have ever rolled with. That we won a game that season was monumentally amazing. Miraculous, actually.

Never imagined that 7 years later we would have any reason to think we have a QB situation to even compare to that.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Depressing was McNulty vs Josh Greer, the worst combo of QBs we have ever rolled with. That we won a game that season was monumentally amazing. Miraculous, actually.

Never imagined that 7 years later we would have any reason to think we have a QB situation to even compare to that.

We're not comparing the QB rooms. We're comparing the stubbornness between two different coaches who insist(ed) on starting mediocre at best QBs because it's who they were comfortable with. A QB who's a career 50% passer and averages 1 TD per game for his career shouldn't keep starting.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

There is NO WAY you suffered through 2014 and 2015 and still have this opinion. You’re just trolling now. Your hate for Aune and Littrell is clouding your judgment.

All he does is complain and troll. He’s already said he’s not supporting the program this year so I’m not sure why he’s still here posting every day. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1