DRC: Aune thrilled to win QB job to start season, says he's grown since last year; Gunnell plans to stay at UNT for long term

Brett Vito

3 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I was referring more to comments in the thread like this one.

He went on to be a bowl game MVP.

True, but DT was not good that year.  He actually regressed a little.  And in 2011, an argument could be made that Osborn looked the best out of the QBs.

But yeah, DT's performance a couple years later in the HOD Bowl was outstanding.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

True, but DT was not good that year.  He actually regressed a little.  And in 2011, an argument could be made that Osborn looked the best out of the QBs.

But yeah, DT's performance a couple years later in the HOD Bowl was outstanding.

Well that’s kind of what I was getting at. Most here would say Aune regressed last year too. This could be the year. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

49 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I think Aune is someone Seth feels "safe" with. However, I see nothing that says, or has shown, he can put the team on his back and be the reason we win. Would be nice to have the faith in our QB that he can do something special when needed.

The same could’ve been said about DT until Ball State 2013.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1