Who Am I?

UNTLifer

5 hours ago, Marty said:

Dennis Lemmons? played football & shot put for the track team. 

Nope

2 hours ago, GreenFlag said:

One of the Avon Erich’s. 

Nope

2 hours ago, NT80 said:
Iseed Khoury, football kicker and men's soccer player

Yep

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Iseed Khoury excelled in two sports during his career at North Texas, first starring in soccer and then becoming a record-setting kicker for the Mean Green football team.

Beginning in 1973, Khoury was a standout scorer for the North Texas men’s soccer team for four seasons - the first three as a club sport before soccer became a varsity sport in 1976. He set the school record for most goals in a game (7) in 1976 and helped North Texas win the Texas Collegiate Soccer League Championship three consecutive seasons, 1974, 1975, and 1976. Khoury was named all-conference and all-state four times, and in 1974 he led the nation in scoring with 36 goals.

He lettered in football for head coach Hayden Fry for three years, 1975-77, and set the school record for extra point conversions (69 of 70, a .985 percentage). Khoury set the North Texas record for the longest field goal with a 62-yarder against Richmond in 1977, the same season he connected for four FGs of 50 yards or more (62, 57, 52, 52).

Khoury was named to the North Texas All-Century team in 2013.  He was a 2001 inductee in the UNT HOF.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • RV 1

Iseed Khoury told a great story of finishing up a soccer game, rushing to the airport in his soccer kit and flying out to meet the football team.  He told me he had never seen a football when he arrived in Denton from Iran.  He was the women’s soccer coach at Denton High and was hired away to another high school.  McKinney, I think.  Good guy and a notable alum.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

Iseed Khoury told a great story of finishing up a soccer game, rushing to the airport in his soccer kit and flying out to meet the football team.  He told me he had never seen a football when he arrived in Denton from Iran.  He was the women’s soccer coach at Denton High and was hired away to another high school.  McKinney, I think.  Good guy and a notable alum.  

Looks like he retired in 2018 from Frisco after leading the Frisco Wakeland girls to the 5A State Championship....

https://www.friscoisd.org/news/district-headlines/2018/05/25/frisco-isd-coaches-honored-including-retiring-iseed-khoury

Edited by NT80
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, keith said:

Mitch Maher was all conference, but did he play b-ball and tennis?

Need to go back further....Zeke Martin?

We have a winner.

Played his freshman season at UT backing up Bobby Layne prior to transferring to North Texas after WWII.  Graduated and coached and taught in the area prior to starting Martin-Eagle Oil Company.