Scrimmage #2 Hype Video

These 40-50 second "recap" videos have me worried we're in store for another year of super short 2 min highlight videos...

IMO, we should either do 4-5 minute highlight videos of our best plays or 10 min game recap videos showing our big/scoring plays along with our opponent's scoring plays. It would be awesome to relive how games actually played out in a short video. Bonus points if they sync the radio broadcast to the plays. 

Edited by UNTcrazy727
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

These 40-50 second "recap" videos have me worried we're in store for another year of super short 2 min highlight videos...

IMO, we should either do 4-5 minute highlight videos of our best plays or 10 min game recap videos showing our big/scoring plays along with our opponent's scoring plays. It would be awesome to relive how games actually played out in a short video. Bonus points if they sync the radio broadcast to the plays. 

Can only post 2min 20 sec videos on Twitter. They have to keep it short. Also, they don’t want to show the whole play, just snippets so other teams can scout us. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, KeithLee said:

Also, they don’t want to show the whole play, just snippets so other teams can scout us. 

not sure if that is your personal belief for these hype videos, or if you have personally heard from a team source that this is what the coaches want.

This comes up every year, can also manifest itself into closed practices/scrimmages.  It's the dumbest recurring position/argument/whatever that I can recall in all my years of CFB fandom

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

12 hours ago, greenminer said:

not sure if that is your personal belief for these hype videos, or if you have personally heard from a team source that this is what the coaches want.

This comes up every year, can also manifest itself into closed practices/scrimmages.  It's the dumbest recurring position/argument/whatever that I can recall in all my years of CFB fandom

Yeah, hype videos are just that to get recruits and fans that wanna see some action “hyped” up. For the die hard fans and us parents of players, we of course want more. I do know for a fact that they don’t want videos or pictures of formations or plays before first games. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, KeithLee said:

I do know for a fact that they don’t want videos or pictures of formations or plays before first games. 

I do know for a fact that college teams across the country have open spring games and practices.  Some programs even have them broadcast on a local or regional network.  I understand we might have a few plays/formations that they want to keep secret but, for the most part, I think our offensive system is widely known and okay to see.

For those of us that want more information by watching a full play from snap to snap, these videos are produced in house, by our own department.  SL and Co. can have a pow-wow with our production team and pick which plays are/not shown.

The hype videos are cool! But I wish they'd release something with some full plays.  Something with a bigger view.

16 hours ago, greenminer said:

I do know for a fact that college teams across the country have open spring games and practices.  Some programs even have them broadcast on a local or regional network.  I understand we might have a few plays/formations that they want to keep secret but, for the most part, I think our offensive system is widely known and okay to see.

For those of us that want more information by watching a full play from snap to snap, these videos are produced in house, by our own department.  SL and Co. can have a pow-wow with our production team and pick which plays are/not shown.

The hype videos are cool! But I wish they'd release something with some full plays.  Something with a bigger view.

I feel ya. Me too. Also trying to get info from a 20yr old is beyond challenging. Lol

• Haha 2