Checking the “Sold Seats” sections of Apogee it appears SMU fans are buying seats en mass.

PlummMeanGreen

When a section says “none” I tend to take these charts at their word that all tickets in said sections have been sold.  
 Click…”purchase by seat.” 

https://meangreensports.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3AATHLETICS%3AFB22%3AFB01%3A&linkID=unt-athletics&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=&cgc=

Apparently, Pony fans are having smooth sailing with the UNT Tickets staff.  Here’s a few responses from Mustang fans.  

http://www.ponyfans.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=91291&sid=5888c56d8e5597210fe68d60eab9a3ba

D8362AD4-8D5C-4109-85EF-F84E391755B3.jpeg.a56729966c7e3378ffbc70b95e44c58d.jpeg8E1AB15B-912A-44D1-8CD0-D3D37DB38B06.jpeg.0359e3eaeb24aa7b6aca4cb6e5d05c88.jpeg

GMG! 

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Eye Roll 4

• PlummMeanGreen changed the title to Checking the “Sold Seats” sections of Apogee it appears SMU fans are buying seats en mass.

Last time they played in Denton there was a SMU fan seated in front of me. He was on his phone the entire time giving play by play. I asked what he was doing and he said he was paid by a Park Cities alum of SMU to come to the game and provide the alum with feedback. Had to do it for all road games. I asked if he was paid and he said he received a small salary for this service and burying the occasional hooker. 

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't mind them sitting on our side except for one dude.  SMUT fan sat in front of me and there were kids all around us.  Well this jerk catches a t-shirt, had to reach for it,  and instead of giving to one of the surrounding kids the guy throws it back on the sidelines. I boo'd him and got a few other to do it.   He left at half time.  I mean he did not have a bit of kindness in him to give the t-shirt to one of the kids.   

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, texx2818 said:

Some of y’all are legitimately obsessed. Who cares? A good crowd for a rivalry game benefits everyone.

How long you been on this forum, texx2818?🙂There’s really no pleasing anyone (except for tailgating which pleases many).  It’s your usual Texas public university-educated crowd. 
🖍🖌If SMU brings 2 or 3,000 fans there will be bitchin’ or if they bring 300 there will be bitchin’.  It’s a tough crowd. Seinfeld would never do well with this audience. 

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

Why is anyone surprised? Our fan base is split in half because of our coaching staff and the way last season ended while SMU is hoping to keep the train rolling after their solid season last year and familiar coach taking over. Expect lower attendance numbers the rest of this season

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Puking Eagle 3

Gee do we have a marketing program for the first home game?  Kinda like UTEP has done before the season has even begun?   Sell the tickets before our first home game.   We lose to UTEP and we will have a hard time getting people to the game.  The average person does not see UTEP as improved.   

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Gee do we have a marketing program for the first home game?  Kinda like UTEP has done before the season has even begun?   Sell the tickets before our first home game.   We lose to UTEP and we will have a hard time getting people to the game.  The average person does not see UTEP as improved.   

I hear they are going to reserve their budget to make a big splash the week before the SMU game. They are hoping UNT wins that game on the road because they think a lot of fans will get their interest rekindled.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, southsideguy said:

Yes, we have one. I think it  is called  Make Believe Marketing. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

I hope SMU does bring a lot of fans for a change.   I have never seen more than a few hundred make that periouslous long trip to Denton. 

Don't count on it, blue hair girls with vapes is a lot for SMU alumni to stomach.  I struggle to go to the game and I'm desensitized from being local. 

• Haha 4
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 3

11 hours ago, DentonStang said:

Don't count on it, blue hair girls with vapes is a lot for SMU alumni to stomach.  I struggle to go to the game and I'm desensitized from being local. 

So I guess you’re saying you were no fan of Cindi Lauper, too?🧑🏻‍🎤 

I still say SMU has their largest contingency of fans at Apogee Stadium in recent memory (if not ever).  By the way, the UNT maintenance staff will be spraying for middle class cooties 72 hours before Game Day.

Yet Here’s Why SMU Fans Show:   
It’s still their season opening game. They going to be just too cool to not show up for that, too, or…….could it possibly be the Mean Green “Running backs by committee” will lay 300+ yards on their “D” making the game closer than it was for those 3 quarters last season? 
So for sure—don’t show!  Yall will show all those new Mustang portal transfers$ just how serious y’all really are about your college football on the Hilltop, right)?      
🐎 🦅(swoop time)

👵🏻 “Of course we’ll have the good taste not to mention we saw any of you at Apogee Stadium.”     
(altered script from that Mel Brooks movie)

GMG0DCD7372-B1C1-45E7-B6EF-66F2534C9F6C.jpeg.dffad635557ef10236c3b1908f18b4c0.jpeg

• Confused 1