DRC (updated with story): Littrell -- Aune remains UNT's starting QB after today's scrimmage

Brett Vito

28 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Still think Grant ends up with the job by week 4. The fact that there’s very little separating them other than Aune has been here longer says enough for me. 

I just don't get the thinking from SL... if like you said, there isn't much separation between a guy who's been here 3 years and a guy who showed up a few months ago then why is the guy who can't separate himself with 3 years experience in the system starting.

Unless the battle isn't as close as we think. Week 4 is pushing it to make a change in a 12 game season, IMO.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I just don't get the thinking from SL... if like you said, there isn't much separation between a guy who's been here 3 years and a guy who showed up a few months ago then why is the guy who can't separate himself with 3 years experience in the system starting.

Unless the battle isn't as close as we think. Week 4 is pushing it to make a change in a 12 game season, IMO.

I’m surprised Ruder isn’t putting up a larger fight. Is he healthy?

19 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

I told you guys over and over that Aune was determined to be the starter when he decided at age 31 to return this season.  There is no way they would have asked him back if they didn’t think he was the guy.  

Never thought a QB with 2 losing seasons could be considered "the guy." Not like he's putting up video game numbers either. I believe he's got less than 30 total career touchdowns? Ok, I guess...

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 3

56 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

I told you guys over and over that Aune was determined to be the starter when he decided at age 31 to return this season.  There is no way they would have asked him back if they didn’t think he was the guy.  

I was on board here until they used a late transfer on Gunnell.   Once they did that, I wasn’t as sure they’d roll with him.  Looks like Littrell & Bloesch are happy to dance with the one they brought.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I was on board here until they used a late transfer on Gunnell.   Once they did that, I wasn’t as sure they’d roll with him.  Looks like Littrell & Bloesch are happy to dance with the one they brought.

He's signing his ticket to be fired if he loses early. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

• Brett Vito changed the title to DRC (updated with story): Littrell -- Aune remains UNT's starting QB after today's scrimmage
6 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

there isn't much separation between a guy who's been here 3 years and a guy who showed up a few months ago then why is the guy who can't separate himself with 3 years experience in the system starting.

This is what I’m thinking.  A guy who’s been there a month is putting up very similar numbers to a guy who’s been here three years.  

That being said, just go with the guy that gives us the best chance to win.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Pellom said:

It looks like we have two capable QBs. Good spot to be in. 

That assessment is such a huuuuge stretch given our history. You could very well say we have two incapable QBs with our performance in recent years. 

At what point have we shown quality and consistent QB play???

• Haha 1

Y’all put WAY too much stock into Littrell’s coach speak. He said nothing different than he did from the spring. You won’t know the starter for game 1 until our first series of the game. I’d put the odds at 80%+ that their is an OR again on the depth chart. 

• Upvote 3