Jacob Brammer Update

Coach Andy Mac

Behind the aforementioned five are some options that should also be involved in the first-team rotation. Fifth-year seniors Junior Uzebu and Jacob Brammer (a North Texas transfer) have been competing at the backup tackle spots and sophomore Gage Pitchford has been competing at guard.

Blazek said because of the versatility of Ashmore, Brammer and Castillo on the right side of the line, it’s possible that trio all plays at some point during the same game. Head coach Clark Lea, meanwhile, said he has witnessed a group that has practiced with an identity of toughness and finishing.

“Over the next couple of weeks the first five will separate themselves. I think on the whole we still have eight guys that we’re looking at right now that could be a part of that,” Lea said. “We’re pleased with the young part of that unit and how they’re coming along and competing.

read more:  https://vucommodores.com/connecting-the-dots/

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

Imagine getting a free masters degree from Vandy

No - i don’t get it.  He could have started here and been a Hall of Famer.  He’s getting a piece of paper.  Unless it’s business or law who gives a crap?  It’s bad karma to get the guys that gave you an opportunity to the curb for the next biatch.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

No - i don’t get it.  He could have started here and been a Hall of Famer.  He’s getting a piece of paper.  Unless it’s business or law who gives a crap?  It’s bad karma to get the guys that gave you an opportunity to the curb for the next biatch.

Pretty sure getting a master's degree from a school like Vanderbilt is more important to one's future than being in a school's athletic hall of fame. Plus he gets to live in Nashville for free? Seems like an easy decision to me. He gave UNT his 5 years including his redshirt year. He owes us nothing else. Stop being bitter.

• Upvote 7
  • Puking Eagle 1