Former Texas football HC Tom Herman chooses UNT/SMU game as his first CBS broadcast

Jonnyeagle

Tom Herman - Wikipedia

News arrived concerning a former Texas football head coach early this week, indicating that he will be shifting his role from coaching to the broadcast booth. Former Texas head coach Tom Herman is reportedly set to join the CBS Sports broadcast team this fall.

Herman’s first game as a color analyst with CBS Sports will reportedly come on Sep. 3, when the North Texas Mean Green out of Conference-USA takes on the SMU Mustangs out of the American Athletic Conference.

Moreover, this is definitely an interesting shift in roles for Herman after he joined the Chicago Bears as an offensive analyst/special projects coach following his departure from Texas a couple of years ago. Herman wound up spending just one season on staff with the Bears before making this shift to the commentator booth.

read more:  https://hookemheadlines.com/2022/08/08/former-texas-football-hc-tom-herman-to-join-cbs-broadcast-team/

• Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

48 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Maybe scouting for his next HC gig. I'd take him if SL has a bad year. He worked wonders at Houston.

I dunno.   He burned a ton of bridges with HS football coaches in Texas.  Good football mind, and can motivate players to play for him (which is Littrell's problem), but he's going to come in with baggage, and put us behind the 8ball when recruiting VS a guy like Traylor who is revered by all TXHSFB coaches.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I dunno.   He burned a ton of bridges with HS football coaches in Texas.  Good football mind, and can motivate players to play for him (which is Littrell's problem), but he's going to come in with baggage, and put us behind the 8ball when recruiting VS a guy like Traylor who is revered by all TXHSFB coaches.

Can he really do less, as far as getting Texas HS talent as our current coach?

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

That's not the question we should be asking though.   It's, "Who can do the most?"

True, however, he's put talent in the NFL and is recent enough to be relevant amongst high school recruits.

I don't know enough about all of that but I'm curious, do you think it's time to start recruiting other areas a bit more? If we're not winning battles in Texas, should we start going in neighboring states more? Could he have success in those areas? I've often read recruiting comes down to assistant coaches more anyways so how much does his baggage really matter? Genuinely asking because I don't know.

If he came here and had immediate success, I wonder if the previous baggage matters as much...

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I'm not hating on this view, but I'll tell you this:   There's nothing like watching your progeny put in a ton of work and excel at something like sports, music, dance, academics, whatever...   It's one of the most fulfilling things ever.

For sure and my comment was not to bash people who have kids lol. I just value my free time more then having a kid but I totally get how that can be an amazingly rewarding feeling! 

• Upvote 3