Newly formed SMU Collective will pay people a salary to attend home games

cousin oliver

I still don't get attendance smack from a much larger school with generally similar attendance. 

Is the argument that we are such a superior program that we SHOULD have better attendance?

Or is this a wealth joke such that despite having vastly fewer alumni, they should turn out at a higher rate?

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, DentonStang said:

I still don't get attendance smack from a much larger school with generally similar attendance. 

Is the argument that we are such a superior program that we SHOULD have better attendance?

Or is this a wealth joke such that despite having vastly fewer alumni, they should turn out at a higher rate?

Because it's SMU and it's fun.  Seriously though, we are in no position to criticize any school on the attendance front.  The only silver lining for us is we have some sort of collective short-term memory loss condition and we are some of the best fair-weather fans around.  Our attendance numbers are usually the highest the first game or two in the season (when we've forgotten the past and we're optimistically drunk on the pre-season hype).  However, unless we get off to a good start, attendance fades down the stretch.  If we get on a roll early, on the other hand, people do show up.  That's seems to be something we can count on.  The only problem is this doesn't happen very often as our seasons are historically front-loaded with losses.   

Edited by keith
  • Upvote 6

4 hours ago, DentonStang said:

Every time you post, I envision this as you and your family out on the town.

Mine Adam Scott GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, DentonStang said:

The joke/argument is that you guys will try to buy your way in and/or out of anything. Most could envision SMU paying random people to sit in Ford just to look better to the big 12.

We know our attendance isn’t good.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, DentonStang said:

Directly in the center of a city of 1.4 MILLION.  

Attendance of roughly 0.01% of that number 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, DentonStang said:

Bored The Office GIF

• Haha 2