Scrimmage thoughts?

KeithLee

1 hour ago, Jonnyeagle said:

We will always support our alma mater even when we don't agree with the direction leadership is taking.  That said I think we lose a lot of fence sitting fans such as yourself and others by retaining Seth another year for sure.

I will still be in attendance at games but I certainly am not spending the amount on season tickets that I have in recent years. In recent years I've skipped weddings (not important ones lol) and all myriad of personal stuff in the fall curating my schedule around MGFB but i just dont have the patience to do that this year for a team I know will finish 6-6 ish. Not to beat a dead horse but barring drastic improvements we're looking at probably a hefty loss to SMU, Memphis, and others. And I really hope I'm wrong. But the track record is there.

I wouldn't even call it fence sitting or frustration, I just feel... jaded? I still care and will be present but I don't care like I did a few years ago (i'm 25+recent grad)

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1

31 minutes ago, WanderingEagle said:

I will still be in attendance at games but I certainly am not spending the amount on season tickets that I have in recent years. In recent years I've skipped weddings (not important ones lol) and all myriad of personal stuff in the fall curating my schedule around MGFB but i just dont have the patience to do that this year for a team I know will finish 6-6 ish. Not to beat a dead horse but barring drastic improvements we're looking at probably a hefty loss to SMU, Memphis, and others. And I really hope I'm wrong. But the track record is there.

I wouldn't even call it fence sitting or frustration, I just feel... jaded? I still care and will be present but I don't care like I did a few years ago (i'm 25+recent grad)

I'm same age range and agree totally.  Being out of town I used to plan my weekends around traveling to games.  Not anymore.  I just don't see this going anywhere under the current regime.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, texx2818 said:

I’m not a fence sitting fan. I just want it to hurt the AD where it hurts the most—the pocket book. I attend basketball games and attended FB games during the Dodge and Mac years. This is the most rudderless we have ever been.

What you see is what you get with Seth. I went to the Frisco Bowl, saw the same shit we’ve seen for years, and that was that.

1ad2ffcfbff842e059912e61a5c15b5c_w200.gi

Meaning:
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/rudderless

Back then:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Benford

https://247sports.com/college/rice/Article/Rice-Rolls-Over-North-Texas-77-20-104552419/

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football/2015/10/10/9494755/portland-state-vikings-football-washington-state-north-texas-fcs-win-records

Now:

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/dfw/news/even-after-3rd-conference-championship-unt-mens-basketball-team-still-working-to-prove-critics-wrong/#

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2021/11/27/no-15-utsas-perfect-season-ends-in-blowout-at-north-texas/?outputType=amp

b54d2313-2829-459a-b8e2-5bff808193ae_tex

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

12 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Nothing like a fan refusing to support the team before the season even starts. We don't need that garbage around here. 

So, what tells you this year is going to be better? Name 1 upside over last year. Just one. 

This garbage isn't the fans fault. Its just plain garbage football. And we have nothing telling us its different. Don't attack the fans for not caring. Its not our fault we have nothing to look forward to.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 2

54 minutes ago, Udomann said:

So, what tells you this year is going to be better? Name 1 upside over last year. Just one. 

This garbage isn't the fans fault. Its just plain garbage football. And we have nothing telling us its different. Don't attack the fans for not caring. Its not our fault we have nothing to look forward to.

Adaway, Bush, Maclin, Neville, Gunnell, Trieb, Richards, etc.

• Upvote 5
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

3 minutes ago, texx2818 said:

And you believe Seth can put it all together with what we’ve seen him from him so far? Gunnell isn’t even starting, so, I mean, that’s already one crossed off your list.

I believe it is possible. I also know Littrell has historically played misdirection with the quarterback depth chart so don’t be surprised when #17 rolls out there first in El Paso.

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

51 minutes ago, texx2818 said:

I’ll say this: if Gunnell starts I’d probably come to SMU. He’s the most exciting prospect we’ve had here in a long time.

Agreed. We already know what we have with Aune. Ruder had his chance and failed, but he wasn't all that exciting to me in the first place. I was just hoping for ANYTHING better than Aune.

Hoping Gunnell can finally be that guy. If not, we're in for another 5-7 or 6-6 season.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 3

3 hours ago, texx2818 said:

And you believe Seth can put it all together with what we’ve seen him from him so far? Gunnell isn’t even starting, so, I mean, that’s already one crossed off your list.

Were you around for 2017 and 2018?  He’s already demonstrated he can produce 9 win seasons.  We’ve dropped off since then, mostly due to staff turnover impo.  From where I sit, this is the best staff he’s had since that 2018 season.  We also have more quality depth across the board than we’ve had in his entire tenure.  It’s hard to guarantee success as you never know what will popup in any given season, but I think we’re in position to have a very positive year in the W/L column.

• Upvote 6
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

3 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

I also know Littrell has historically played misdirection with the quarterback depth chart

And how's that been working out for the team so far? 😉 

I would love to see Gunnell day 1, unless Aune had a magnificent offseason, I would want to see something new on the team, generate some excitement. Unfortunately, looks like more of the same. Still going to watch every second of this mess though!

• Upvote 4