Scrimmage thoughts?

KeithLee

45 minutes ago, Graddean said:

Good grief.  It is early.  They are getting use to different quarterbacks with different cadences.  Give them more repetitions before you write them off.

I mean, their first game is in 3 weeks so things need to tighten up a bit. I don't think anybody is writing them off. Just expressing concern about a pre-existing issue. If that's an issue during scrimmage, what will it be in a packed house in El Paso?

• Upvote 6

36 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

First off, he has the tangibles as far as build.  Second, his ball seemed to get out on time and he was hitting receivers where they are most comfortable making the catch.  A lot was made last year about “drops” by receivers, but a part of that is the body position a receiver us in when he’s asked to make a catch.  Last, after big plays he was going around to everyone on the offense, patting o-linemen on the head and celebrating with skill players (and this was on running touchdowns).  

I envision a scenario much like Masons freshman year. Aune starts the first game, but if the team is sputtering, enter Gunnell and then ride that horse all the way to the AAC!

• Upvote 6
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

2 minutes ago, Dannymacfan said:

image.png.667c953e04983a009e4d422683a80ebb.png

I know how to do it on the message board, but I wasn’t sure if posting a video is frowned upon on the actual message board.  I don’t know the rules for that stuff. 

ETA:  It’s not an exciting video, just something I think @KeithLee would want to see. 

Edited by Glory to the Green
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

I have one video that your boy is in, but I don’t know the rules of putting a video on here. I tried messaging you, but couldn’t figure out how to attach it.  

Thanks. He is gonna send me his catches. He said he had a good day.

• Upvote 4

I thought Aune looked okay today. None of the other QBs did anything to unseat him. Gunnell did throw a nice pass to Neville for a TD. Tom Treib is gonna be a treat to watch this season. He showed some good awareness & speed after picking off an Aune pass and taking it 30 yards to the house. RBs are deep, each one showed flashes even the true freshman Farrar. 

• Upvote 6

33 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

I know how to do it on the message board, but I wasn’t sure if posting a video is frowned upon on the actual message board.  I don’t know the rules for that stuff. 

ETA:  It’s not an exciting video, just something I think @KeithLee would want to see. 

Walerius came up in the stands & asked not to video the scrimmage.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 3

Besides not getting to see the practice because I got there at 11:15 and not 10:15, it was the best set up and best attended one I've been to.  The only other issue we had is they kept running out of pizza and you had to be close when the new pizza showed up or you'd miss it.  I was shocked at the attendance because of the lack of interest/excitement I thought surrounded this season. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1