Mean green kickoff event is tomorrow at 11am

cousin oliver

10 minutes ago, NT80 said:

The whole setup for this event looks pretty sparse.   From the lack of football updates and marketing I'm thinking Wren has already written this season off.   Just start next year with AAC and new everything/

Sad if true for the "no identity" school. Our mascot is just two rhyming adjectives, our university staff and teams all wear black because it's a preferential fashion color, and we've partnered with a retailer that historically invests very little effort in providing merchandise in our school colors.

College Sweatshirt and T-Shirt John Belushi Animal House image 1

Bluto's generic sweatshirt in Animal House was presented as a joke. We're currently not too far off from that.

• Upvote 8
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

44 minutes ago, ADLER said:

Sad if true for the "no identity" school. Our mascot is just two rhyming adjectives, our university staff and teams all wear black because it's a preferential fashion color, and we've partnered with a retailer that historically invests very little effort in providing merchandise in our school colors.

College Sweatshirt and T-Shirt John Belushi Animal House image 1

Bluto's generic sweatshirt in Animal House was presented as a joke. We're currently not too far off from that.

and we've partnered with a retailer that historically invests very little effort in providing merchandise in our school colors.

I have my occasional gripe with Voertman's, but this is categorically false.

• Upvote 7
  • Eye Roll 3

We’re on the way. Had to see granddaughters last flag football game this morning. Won’t make it until noon. First NT event since Covid since I am immunocompromised. Can’t wait to be with MG fans!

GMG!

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1

We didn't get back from the beach till last night.  As a season ticket holder, will someone be mailing me my off-brand UNT Yeti cup or am I blessed enough to be able to purchase it now at full price?

13 hours ago, Venson said:

I was there. Is it me or did it seem like Grant got the crowd more excited for football than SL did?

Sounds like the same story as the Dallas coaches roadshow event at the brewery a few weeks ago.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Good lord this place has become the drama queen, sour puss board. 

I can’t remember one single thread in months that didn’t turn into some kind of complaint, hate the AD, the coach, whatever. I think I need a break from you people. 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

On 8/6/2022 at 11:52 AM, NTEdgex2 said:

We’re on the way. Had to see granddaughters last flag football game this morning. Won’t make it until noon. First NT event since Covid since I am immunocompromised. Can’t wait to be with MG fans!

GMG!

Glad to hear you are back in the fold for this season!

Is it just me or does it feel like SL has just mailed it in.  I wish I could see a just a shade out of excitement out of him.  He talks and I think old crap. Bennet and Grant talk and I get excited.  were 9-3 I could over look it but at 500 I wold like to see more personality at least.  I get the feeling he just doesn't care, send me my check and I ride it to the end of my contract.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Is it just me or does it feel like SL has just mailed it in.  I wish I could see a just a shade out of excitement out of him.  He talks and I think old crap. Bennet and Grant talk and I get excited.  were 9-3 I could over look it but at 500 I wold like to see more personality at least.  I get the feeling he just doesn't care, send me my check and I ride it to the end of my contract.

Felt that way since Mason left.  Just listening to him, body language and all, he doesn't do much for a fan; not a fan's coach.  He goes thru the motions at events, probably forced to by his contract.  I feel he doesn't care if we come to games or not or if NT continues with football or not.  Just here for the $$.  He may be a player's coach?  But several have left looking for another coach.  I will give him credit for running a clean program and not whining like DD about how hard it is to compete at NT.  

• Upvote 1