UTEP officials go to Juarez to promote 915 campaign

Dannymacfan

EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – UTEP has travelled all over El Paso this summer to promote its 915 campaign ahead of the fall semester and Aug. 27 football game vs. North Texas.

On Wednesday, the Miners took the tour across the Rio Grande to Juarez in order to drum up support for the movement in time for the season to begin.

Athletic director Jim Senter; football coach Dana Dimel; volleyball coach Ben Wallis; soccer coach Kathryn Balogun; and various current and former UTEP student-athletes visited a few different sites in Juarez.

The tour began at the U.S. Consulate, then continued to a center for at-risk youth where Senter and the coaches discussed the campaign with students and told them about getting an education at UTEP.

It also took the Miners to the Estadio Olimpico Benito Juarez, where UTEP brass sat down with FC Juarez officials. Los Bravos also played a home match vs. Atletico San Luis on Wednesday evening.

read more:  https://www.ktsm.com/sports/college-sports/utep/utep-officials-go-to-juarez-to-promote-915-campaign/

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • RV 1
  • Confused 3
  • Oh Boy! 1

7 hours ago, RBP79 said:

Just stand at the border and make all the illegals go to the game before being released back into the public...

If you want a job at Lily of the Desert this badly, please take it to LinkedIn. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 4

Kind of weird not going to lie, especially since most Mexicans could care less about futbol americano 😅

Secondly, I don’t recall any college team ever marketing internationally like this. Correct me if I’m wrong. I believe Stanford and Rice played a game in Australia a couple years ago? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

10 hours ago, Dannymacfan said:

EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – UTEP has travelled all over El Paso this summer to promote its 915 campaign ahead of the fall semester and Aug. 27 football game vs. North Texas.

On Wednesday, the Miners took the tour across the Rio Grande to Juarez in order to drum up support for the movement in time for the season to begin.

Athletic director Jim Senter; football coach Dana Dimel; volleyball coach Ben Wallis; soccer coach Kathryn Balogun; and various current and former UTEP student-athletes visited a few different sites in Juarez.

The tour began at the U.S. Consulate, then continued to a center for at-risk youth where Senter and the coaches discussed the campaign with students and told them about getting an education at UTEP.

It also took the Miners to the Estadio Olimpico Benito Juarez, where UTEP brass sat down with FC Juarez officials. Los Bravos also played a home match vs. Atletico San Luis on Wednesday evening.

read more:  https://www.ktsm.com/sports/college-sports/utep/utep-officials-go-to-juarez-to-promote-915-campaign/

200.gif

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

Secondly, I don’t recall any college team ever marketing internationally like this. Correct me if I’m wrong. I believe Stanford and Rice played a game in Australia a couple years ago? 

Yes, Stanford vs Rice in Australia was in 2017 (Stanford won 62-7).

Nebraska is playing Northwestern in Ireland to open this season on Aug 27.

I had to look it up, but there have been a lot of past college games played in foreign countries, including Penn playing at a China All-Star team in 2019.  Winning 85-0, who knew?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_college_football_games_played_outside_the_United_States

Edited by NT80
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Quoner said:

If you want a job at Lily of the Desert this badly, please take it to LinkedIn. 

No thanks...but having spent two years assigned to the Rio Grande Valley Sector and Del Rio Sector of the US Border Patrol I kind of have a sense of the dire consequences of what's happening there. Just a joke about the disaster of our present policies.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, RBP79 said:

No thanks...but having spent two years assigned to the Rio Grande Valley Sector and Del Rio Sector of the US Border Patrol I kind of have a sense of the dire consequences of what's happening there. Just a joke about the disaster of our present policies.

My bad. Take it to the “I’m 10-15” Facebook then. https://www.propublica.org/article/revelations-about-a-secret-facebook-group-spawn-investigation-of-70-current-and-former-border-patrol-employees

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

16 hours ago, NT80 said:

Yes, Stanford vs Rice in Australia was in 2017 (Stanford won 62-7).

Nebraska is playing Northwestern in Ireland to open this season on Aug 27.

I had to look it up, but there have been a lot of past college games played in foreign countries, including Penn playing at a China All-Star team in 2019.  Winning 85-0, who knew?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_college_football_games_played_outside_the_United_States

I don’t remember that one at all, I need to see the game tape on that one hahaha