Camp Videos from Reed Smith

BillySee58

6 hours ago, 97and03 said:

I think the early start has some effect on the lack of hype. But still…

What is there to talk about really?  A lot of known like Aune and unknowns. Just seems like you need to see what they have before you can really discuss it seriously.  Everything beyond that is purely speculative.  That said Inam excited to see what this team can do.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

4 hours ago, greenminer said:

I see multiple posts daily from the official team accounts, include photos and videos.  I also see tons of coverage from Reed Smith, MeanGreen247, as well as Vito's usual.  I actually think Vito's been doing a ton more stuff this season because of everything that's unfolding with NIL/Portal.

I also reallyh love all the unofficial stuff you get these days, especially podcasts.  MeanGreenNation just recently released one.  We all know about the GMG.com pods.  You can also subscribe to a couple great YouTube vlogs that cover UNT sports.  Mostly football and basketball.

Personally, as it stands today, I can't keep up with everything.

Never said don't be critical of Wren.

I think the coverage is probably as good as it's ever been. DMN and TV never cover us much. Never have in my 40 plus years as a fan. The athletic department puts out quite a few short videos, pictures, clips. Vito puts out something multiple times a week. Reed has been a nice addition (and much needed after Brune was shifted to mostly LSU coverage). I think someitmes folks don't compare apples to apples. No, UNT probably doesn't have the same coverage as schools with 3-4 times the budget. I also follow Texas, Tech, Wichita State and Tulsa because I have passing interest in those programs. UNT dwarfs both Wichita State and Tulsa in content for just about all sports. I can remember a decade ago we had no full time video people in the athletic department. I now count five on the directory. Texas Tech produces more content but they have more than double the people too. 

Lastly, different coaches approach media access differently. I don't see Seth as a guy that really wants a bunch of coverage on what the team is running, personnel strengths & weaknesses, etc. I might be wrong but I'd guess, he's a keep it close to the vest kind of guy. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1

On 8/4/2022 at 9:46 AM, UNTLifer said:

And how little excitement is being generated by the AD.

I stand corrected.  We are now receiving Twitter videos of players walking to the practice field and being asked to decide who would win a fight between a grizzly bear and a gorilla.  Hard hitting stuff.

Stand by for today's question:  "Ginger or Mary Anne?"

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I stand corrected.  We are now receiving Twitter videos of players walking to the practice field and being asked to decide who would win a fight between a grizzly bear and a gorilla.  Hard hitting stuff.

Stand by for today's question:  "Ginger or Mary Anne?"

Haha, you’re hilarious Lifer but I do enjoy seeing who picks which. That isn’t to say I wouldn’t rather watch them running drills but it is what it is.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Haha, you’re hilarious Lifer but I do enjoy seeing who picks which. That isn’t to say I wouldn’t rather watch them running drills but it is what it is.

Hold tight.  Today we got a tweet with the players heads on tiny bodies.  This stuff is award winning coverage.  Now I know why DCTF has been delayed hitting the newstands.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

Watching players run drills isn’t exciting either really. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2

39 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Watching players run drills isn’t exciting either really. 

Oh, I think we could gain a lot of info from watching QBs throw.  I have not seen a video yet of Gunnell throwing at NT.  Compare accuracy, timing, deep ball arm strength.  Much to learn seeing them in same drills.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, NT80 said:

Oh, I think we could gain a lot of info from watching QBs throw.  I have not seen a video yet of Gunnell throwing at NT.  Compare accuracy, timing, deep ball arm strength.  Much to learn seeing them in same drills.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Reed_Smith25/status/1555571564506226689?cxt=HHwWgoC90ZOGwJYrAAAA

I hate to say this but from that video I like Ruder’s ball the best and Gunnell’s the least.

There is another of Gunnell throwing a deep ball from a few days ago but I don’t have a twitter account so I can’t go back in the history.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Reed_Smith25/status/1555571564506226689?cxt=HHwWgoC90ZOGwJYrAAAA

I hate to say this but from that video I like Ruder’s ball the best and Gunnel’s the least.

Hard to really compare on one endzone pass from the 5-yard line, but yes, that is what I'm talking about.  Seeing drills with them making same throws.  Thanks for video.   If they snuck Tom Brady out there would we notice, lol?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, NT80 said:

Hard to really compare on one endzone pass from the 5-yard line, but yes, that is what I'm talking about.  Seeing drills with them making same throws.  Thanks for video.   If they snuck Tom Brady out there would we notice, lol?

Only that we finally had someone close to Aunes' age

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

On 8/5/2022 at 4:57 PM, MeanGreenTexan said:

<snip>.... and then give some more coach speak nonsense that barely answers the question.

It's called coach speak for a reason, no?  They all do it to some extent.  Dan McCarney was all rah, rah, sis-boom-bah with his coach speak and never really said anything either.  Is there a general consensus on the top 5 or so coaches that don't speak in coach speak?  I mean who is held up there as the coach with the best presentation skills?  Personally, I couldn't care less what Coach says or how he says it.  I'm much more interested in what he does and how the team performs on the field.  

• Upvote 3

I miss the old days when Harry had access to practices and he was able to report on his observations. I remember the excitement generated when Jamario stepped on the campus. He kept reporting on him and then we were all excited when he entered the game against Colorado and lit them up. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, keith said:

It's called coach speak for a reason, no?  They all do it to some extent.  Dan McCarney was all rah, rah, sis-boom-bah with his coach speak and never really said anything either.  Is there a general consensus on the top 5 or so coaches that don't speak in coach speak?  I mean who is held up there as the coach with the best presentation skills?  Personally, I couldn't care less what Coach says or how he says it.  I'm much more interested in what he does and how the team performs on the field.  

The coaches that in my mind stray from coach speak are:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

On 8/4/2022 at 10:01 AM, Okiefan said:

I am surprised there are no press conferences or media interviews of coaches and players during camp. The power 5 schools have daily updates from multiple reporting sources in most cases. We have some exciting storylines like the adjusted schedule, QB battle, NIL etc that would be worth diving into from the coaches and player perspective. 

Littrell is hyper paranoid. He's always operated this way. Almost like he hates the fans.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

17 hours ago, keith said:

This guy is lesser known but always cracks me up

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

Littrell is hyper paranoid. He's always operated this way. Almost like he hates the fans.

Is this really your impression of him?  I'm legitimately wondering where this opinion is coming from (not asking rhetorically to be snarky).  I've only interacted with him briefly on a couple occasions at Coaches' Caravans, but he came across to me as warm and friendly. 

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Gunnell hasn’t passed Aune (yet), but it sure seems that he has passed everyone else.

Reed Smith also noted in his 24/7 article from Tuesday that it was the first time Gunnell took first team reps. Said the staff still maintains that Aune is the starter but Gunnell seems hot on his heels.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

Reed Smith also noted in his 24/7 article from Tuesday that it was the first time Gunnell took first team reps. Said the staff still maintains that Aune is the starter but Gunnell seems hot on his heels.

I’m not 100% sure, but I think those quotes from Littrell aren’t new ones. They’re more from the spring and summer caravan when people have asked. Answer has always been something along the lines of “he’s the starter until someone comes and knocks him off.”

Ppint being, not like Aune has been officially declared the game 1 starter, as likely as that seems.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 1