Camp Videos from Reed Smith

BillySee58

27 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

After following this coach for the past 7 years, I really have no interest in these so called updates.  With Littrell there is no excitement, just "at the end of the day" and "all 4 phases".  "We are getting better every day but still have a long way to go."  Oh and "all 4 QB's are in the mix for the starting job."  Spare me!

Don’t forget “pulling the rope in the same direction.”

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Okiefan said:

I am surprised there are no press conferences or media interviews of coaches and players during camp. The power 5 schools have daily updates from multiple reporting sources in most cases. We have some exciting storylines like the adjusted schedule, QB battle, NIL etc that would be worth diving into from the coaches and player perspective. 

just-win-baby-al-davis.gif

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

6 hours ago, Okiefan said:

I am surprised there are no press conferences or media interviews of coaches and players during camp. The power 5 schools have daily updates from multiple reporting sources in most cases. We have some exciting storylines like the adjusted schedule, QB battle, NIL etc that would be worth diving into from the coaches and player perspective. 

At least we get press conferences during the season. The AD keeps our basketball team under wraps the whole year. 

Edited by UNTcrazy727
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, greenminer said:

More promotional coverage would be great! I do wonder, however, if some of you are imagining NFL-like coverage of UNT from our local media.

No, but with the different social media outlets available we are doing a crap job. We need to give credit to Wren where deserved, but he also needs to be held accountable for the things done poorly. The "fan experience" does not seem to be high on his priorities.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

No, but with the different social media outlets available we are doing a crap job. We need to give credit to Wren where deserved, but he also needs to be held accountable for the things done poorly. The "fan experience" does not seem to be high on his priorities.

I see multiple posts daily from the official team accounts, include photos and videos.  I also see tons of coverage from Reed Smith, MeanGreen247, as well as Vito's usual.  I actually think Vito's been doing a ton more stuff this season because of everything that's unfolding with NIL/Portal.

I also reallyh love all the unofficial stuff you get these days, especially podcasts.  MeanGreenNation just recently released one.  We all know about the GMG.com pods.  You can also subscribe to a couple great YouTube vlogs that cover UNT sports.  Mostly football and basketball.

Personally, as it stands today, I can't keep up with everything.

Never said don't be critical of Wren.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

3 hours ago, 97and03 said:

I think the early start has some effect on the lack of hype. But still…

I think you're correct.  I used to enthusiastically rush to the store to buy Dave Campbell's Texas Football Magazine as soon as it hit the stores.  This year, not so much.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1