UNT boosters form NIL collective

Brett Vito

• Brett Vito changed the title to DRC breaking news/exclusive -- UNT boosters form NIL collective
25 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

I’m a little late to the game, do many other of our recruiting rivals have collectives?  Are we paving the way to entice those head to head recruiting battles our way?  Either way, exciting times for the good guys in Green!

Well, keep in mind, we’re moving to the AAC next season, so we need to start acting like those guys if we’re going to be competing with them.    …And SMU is in that conference, so, yeah, I’d say our recruiting rivals have these! 😂

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • RV 2

1 minute ago, jtm0097 said:

I will give $10, a Whataburger gift card, and half a 12 pack of Bud Light. 

I would be thrilled to receive that during college from a booster. 

Going to go out on a limb here and say giving 6 beers to an 18 year old kid is frowned upon. Might even be illegal. Maybe some Chuck E Cheese coins?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • RV 2

RIck Villarreal stayed connected to UNT like few former Athletic Department employees ever have.    
••• RV’s name is on the Mean Joe Greene statue in front of Apogee Stadium as a contributor.
••• Rick V knows a whole bunch of people & that should help with this NIL project immensely.  

👍👍

GMG!

3B21FB23-0D52-4C8F-B29C-D41822663AC3.jpeg.616880bc8540b239c5de3de255b9ad15.jpeg 

GMG! 

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 2
  • RV 1

Don’t get me wrong here. I’m happy and thankful that people much wealthier than myself were able to step up and make this happen. This will allow us to continue to compete. But I have a feeling I have an unpopular opinion here too…

“Well over 100 collectives have been established at colleges, including several that have more than one.”

…So what you’re telling me is that out of 130 schools, we’re one of the last to do this… great 🙄 

This has become the expectation. We aren’t special now because we have this. We were special because we didn’t have it. Schools that don’t have it will fall to the wayside rather quickly in todays college football landscape. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Boy! 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 2

13 minutes ago, Moobs said:

Don’t get me wrong here. I’m happy and thankful that people much wealthier than myself were able to step up and make this happen. This will allow us to continue to compete. But I have a feeling I have an unpopular opinion here too…

“Well over 100 collectives have been established at colleges, including several that have more than one.”

…So what you’re telling me is that out of 130 schools, we’re one of the last to do this… great 🙄 

This has become the expectation. We aren’t special now because we have this. We were special because we didn’t have it. Schools that don’t have it will fall to the wayside rather quickly in todays college football landscape. 

It’s easy to say I have a NIL Yippee aren’t I great!  Just setting one up is easy.   I would much rather have an NIL with BIG TIME donors committing big dollars up front.  Guys like McNatt make this a much more powerful NIL collective.  Also sounds like Wren and the AD are supportive as well.  Much better to take time to get some legs under the organization.  RV running it is icing on the cake.

• Upvote 4
  • RV 1

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Well, keep in mind, we’re moving to the AAC next season, so we need to start acting like those guys if we’re going to be competing with them.    …And SMU is in that conference, so, yeah, I’d say our recruiting rivals have these! 😂

Ha!  I knew SMU and TCU had them (Thanks, @Brett Vito article), I just didn’t know if the UAB’s, UTSA’s, and LaTech’s of the world also had collectives.  Excited to give our student athletes a chance to earn some greens while helping us win!  GMG!

• Upvote 1