UTEP closing in on sell out for UNT

Really good for them but I would not say “closing in” until they get to 5,000 seats left.  Hoping for more than 3,000 walk up crowd on a hot August day in El Paso is foolish.   I wonder what they could do with a retractable roof Stadium there?  I think big UT would stop any plans for that happening before they started good.  But it is an interesting hypothetical.  

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 4

5 hours ago, southsideguy said:

our tickets would be higher 940.  make it harder to sell out😏

$940 would make it hard, but not if we went with $9.40. That's basically what UTEP did. We would be .25 cents higher, but DFW vs El Paso would warrant that extra quarter.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Venson said:

$940 would make it hard, but not if we went with $9.40. That's basically what UTEP did. We would be .25 cents higher, but DFW vs El Paso would warrant that extra quarter.

I'm not in favor of the area-code helmets. 

Now Smut did a "Dallas" helmet.  Cute, but it should have been a Highland Park helmet since majority of their 238 sugar-daddy fans live there.

NT could do a "DFW" helmet since we represent the whole region.

Edited by NT80
  • Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

6 hours ago, NT80 said:

I'm not in favor of the zip-code helmets. 

Now Smut did a "Dallas" helmet.  Cute, but it should have been a Highland Park helmet since majority of their 238 sugar-daddy fans live there.

I don't think the poster who posted about 940 was referring to helmets. I think he was referring to ticket cost. However, I could be wrong. I am not in favor of the area code helmets either.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Venson said:

I don't think the poster who posted about 940 was referring to helmets. I think he was referring to ticket cost. However, I could be wrong. I am not in favor of the area code helmets either.

Sorry, meant area-code helmets, not zip-code, duh.

Previous poster implied Denton's area code (ie helmet and ticket price) would be $9.40 compared to UTEP's $9.15 area code, helmet, price.  

Back in my days in Denton the area code was 817.   Less expensive! lol

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, NT80 said:

I'm not in favor of the area-code helmets. 

TCU started the DFW thing after Sonny was hired.

• Upvote 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Eye Roll 1

On 8/1/2022 at 10:34 AM, southsideguy said:

And what happens when SL has a big crowd?

I know it's trendy to dump on SL these days, but what you are alluding to isn't new or unique to SL.  It's almost a tradition now with the history of UNT athletics.  I can't even count the number of times we were on a roll with momentum with that feeling that finally we were about to turn the corner with a huge "opportunity" game and we predictably laid a big fat egg in front of the largest crowd of the season and poof...it all evaporated.  Then as we almost always do (or did) play a great game two or three weeks later in front of an empty stadium.  

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

9 hours ago, Glory to the Green said:

I hope they bring a great crowd, both teams play well early on, and UNT puts them away in the 2nd half.  1-0 with SMU coming into town and the Mean Green faithful showing out for the first home game. I’m ready!  GMG!

Agree 100% and I also noticed that we are SMU’s season opening game so I expect this to be a big traveling crowd from them as they return a talented and deep team.

• Haha 1