UTEP closing in on sell out for UNT

33 minutes ago, greenminer said:

If you are at 80% capacity in a venue that holds over 46K, I wouldn't say you are nearing sell out but that's just me.

UTEP historically get a good size walk-up crowd. Also not sure how they are accounting for student tickets

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, greenminer said:

If you are at 80% capacity in a venue that holds over 46K, I wouldn't say you are nearing sell out but that's just me.

I agree, this is like saying there are less than 6,000 seats left available for our first home game. Not quite a sellout. Keep working.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2

9 minutes ago, untbowler said:

we have not sold out our 10 yr old stadium once, much less get 80+ % filled yet we are slamming UTEP for going balls to wall and being successful to have 40k+ in the stands and seeking a sellout

LOL!!!

who slammed UTEP? I was speaking more about the author of this thread, specifically how he titled it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

On 7/29/2022 at 12:33 PM, Cr1028 said:

We’ve surpassed 80% 9 times already. 7 of those 9 were with Littrell as coach.

It's sad you can count the number of times we were at 80% of capacity. It's also sad that we have never had a sellout. Perhaps instead of us posters pimping UTEP perhaps our athletic department might ask them how they have done it.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 3

32 minutes ago, wardly said:

It's sad you can count the number of times we were at 80% of capacity. It's also sad that we have never had a sellout. Perhaps instead of us posters pimping UTEP perhaps our athletic department might ask them how they have done it.

UTEP hasn’t done it since 2016 and that was against Army. Before that it was 2012 against OU. Don’t be under the impression that this is common for them.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 7/29/2022 at 10:48 AM, untphd said:

I wish we had this much hype for our home opener. There has to  be a way to spin this, isn't there?

If we beat UTEP there will be a lot of hype for the SMU game. I’d guess attendance would be around 25K. If we lose…maybe only 22K. 

• Upvote 1