Littrell has the longest tenure of any Texas college coach?

Dannymacfan

19 minutes ago, meanrob said:

I’m kind of an introverted and semi-pessimistic person but if I ever get to the point where this is me at “really excited” you can Old Yeller me. 

That is got-underwear-for-Christmas level of excited.

Really makes me miss Mike Canales, who happy-cried after every Mean Green first down.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, rcade said:

That is got-underwear-for-Christmas level of excited.

Really makes me miss Mike Canales, who happy-cried after every Mean Green first down.

As long as he is winning, I don't care if he has the personality of an old floral couch left for free on the side of the road like he does. 

But this man is literally walking the (mean) green mile, he better be ecstatic he's still getting underpants for Christmas and not coal stuffed down his stocking. It may not be who he is,  but fake it 'til you make it and get some sparks going!

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

19 hours ago, texx2818 said:

He doesn’t win and doesn’t have a personality, which is a bad combo for a school like UNT.

Losing just makes everything look bad.

You could be James Bond smooth, Grant McCasland positive, with pirate Mike Leach personality, but an angry fanbase that is sick of losing will complain about everything you do.

• Upvote 3

Interesting he said in that other interview he only needed to QB to be a game manager, not win games himself. Kinda generic get the ball in our playmaker’s hands talk but I disagree. If we run the ball well and play average defense we’ll go 6-6. My guess is in four games the QB will have to make enough plays to win or keep us in it (SMU, Memphis, WKU, FAU?). That’s the difference between 6-8/9 wins. 

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

2 hours ago, southsideguy said:

we get someone who can just handoff and we get 10 in the box.

That's not what I think of when coaches say game manager.  I think of a QB that gets the ball to the skill positions.  Various parts of the field.  Pass or hand-off.

IMO it implies that the QB doesn't have to get yards by himself.  For example, doesn't have to be a huge threat to take a big run on his own, or be a part of a trick play.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

no, I want spectacular not just basic.  We have 15 qb now one needs to be beyond basic.

I want spectacular, but after the past two seasons that’s a big ask.  A game manager would be a significant upgrade for us.

• Upvote 2