Optimistic

19 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

I don’t know, it may be the pitcher of Green Kool-aid I just drank…BUT…

with the players are are getting back from injury, a potential game chain g QB, and another year for our D under PB…..I am feeling stoked for a 8-4 or 9-3 campaign  

a Conference championship win and a show capping Bowl victory  

that is what I feel today!!

You know you may be onto something.  When Insaw that imposing picture of Oscar earlier it made me feel better knowing he would be back in the fold.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

29 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

I don’t know, it may be the pitcher of Green Kool-aid I just drank…BUT…

with the players are are getting back from injury, a potential game chain g QB, and another year for our D under PB…..I am feeling stoked for a 8-4 or 9-3 campaign  

a Conference championship win and a show capping Bowl victory  

that is what I feel today!!

I’m right there with you. I’m telling you, taking the over on us getting 6 wins is easy money in Vegas. I may have to find one of those offshore betting sites just so I can get a piece.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I’m right there with you. I’m telling you, taking the over on us getting 6 wins is easy money in Vegas. I may have to find one of those offshore betting sites just so I can get a piece.

How has SL not killed your willingness to seek and find optimism?  I was like you are the previous two years. Now, I'm like, "okay, SL will find some way to mess this up." ANd I hate saying that because, unlike some people around here, I really wish he would succeed here.

3 cheers to you, sir! Go Mean Green!

Norm Macdonald Television GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • RV 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

13 minutes ago, greenminer said:

How has SL not killed your willingness to seek and find optimism?  I was like you are the previous two years. Now, I'm like, "okay, SL will find some way to mess this up." ANd I hate saying that because, unlike some people around here, I really wish he would succeed here.

3 cheers to you, sir! Go Mean Green!

Norm Macdonald Television GIF by Saturday Night Live

2 reasons. Phil Bennett and the change in offensive philosophy. The best teams North Texas has had over the last 25 years all had great defenses, good offensive lines, and a strong running game.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2

12 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

2 reasons. Phil Bennett and the change in offensive philosophy. The best teams North Texas has had over the last 25 years all had great defenses, good offensive lines, and a strong running game.

I recognize all of these things, and I'm still SL'd.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

On 7/25/2022 at 2:18 PM, 97and03 said:

With slightly above average QB play I am at 7 wins (UTEP, FCS, UNLV, FIU, FAU, Rice, LaTech). With solid QB play I think we become competitive in every game.

If a QB emerges who the coaches have the confidence in that he can, when needed, step up and win the game for us, verses the best option being one that they hope plays well enough not to lose the game, then 7 to 8 is possible. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1