Legalize Cheating

Wag Tag

1 hour ago, Wag Tag said:

Nobody in the SEC will have the money of A&M and Texas and Saban knows it. Nobody in the G5 will have the money of SMU. This will become the number 1 factor for kids deciding where to go.

I always thought 'bama could swing with the best of them, dollar-wise.  Am I mistaken?

• Upvote 2

Just now, greenminer said:

I always thought 'bama could swing with the best of them, dollar-wise.  Am I mistaken?

UT and TAMU have WAY more money than Bamer.  They get some type of oil fund here in the state that no other college gets a piece of.  Bama has to recruit students from out of state and gets mainly kids that can't get into UT and TAMU.  Quite frankly Bama is a crappy academic school in a very crappy state.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Dannymacfan said:

UT and TAMU have WAY more money than Bamer.  They get some type of oil fund here in the state that no other college gets a piece of.  Bama has to recruit students from out of state and gets mainly kids that can't get into UT and TAMU.  Quite frankly Bama is a crappy academic school in a very crappy state.

I used to live in Montgomery many years ago and people there would often say, "if it wasn't for Mississippi, we'd be last."

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Dannymacfan said:

TAMU & UT-Austin get the Permanent University Fund (PUF). Texas tea (as the Hillbilly’s song goes).

My Great-Great Grandpa’s uncle by marriage (Isaac Parker) was in that 1870’s Texas legislature which  established that huge perc for Texas’ 2 flagship schools.  He fought with Sam Houston  at the Battle of San Jacinto & Parker County is named for him. 

5A485186-E7FD-4FB0-ADB8-B65DCC3F5B48.jpeg.44593255a846fcedf354ab6c8f11d314.jpeg

• Upvote 2

Spare me the pearls clutching of the wives of mafia bosses scoffing at the notion of bribing  people.  🙄😂.  If it is legal then it isn’t cheating.   

If anyone in college football is paid way beyond their financial impact it would be Lane Kiffin at Ole Miss.  College Football is a house of cards or better yet a sausage factory that is now having its manufacturing process brought out into the open.  Hot Dogs tastes better when you don’t know what they put in them.  Ole Miss, MSU, Vandy, Missouri, South Carolina, Kentucky  are just in the SEC to collect football media checks.  They aren’t relevant 19 out 20 seasons for SEC division titles come the last game of October other than playing spoiler to the big dogs.  With OU, Texas, and A&M out spending them for players it will just look worse and programs will start to question $7 million salary. 

• Upvote 3

On 7/26/2022 at 11:31 AM, Dannymacfan said:

I don't think any of the Permian Basin fund goes to athletics.  UT and A&M athletics have plenty of money without it. 

• Upvote 1