North Texas picked to win 6 games this season per Vegas

Interesting the over is -120. Somebody posted a 6.5 they saw somewhere. Definitely take the under on that. I think we’re doomed to mediocrity and land at 6-6. 

The UTEP game o/u is 55.5    If we get any QB play at all that should go over. Doubt our D is game one ready, I could see a 38-35 game  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Judging on who the HC, OC, and OL coaches are, as well as the QBs we have, I'd bet the house on being run-heavy again.  I would say the only variable would be if Gunnell is the real deal, maybe we can throw more.

If Gunnell is legit then have a passing game and running game that force the Defense to keep guessing could be impressive

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, tmjerm said:

Thanks to @97and03 I fixed it.  I was too tired last night to get that right.  I have FAU as an L and FIU as a W.  

Curious as to why you have FAU as a loss.

I have that as a W. It’s a home game, FAU was a five-win team with a bad offense, and they will have just played at Purdue the previous week. Admittedly they have a lot coming back from last year but I think we should win this one. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

I have that as a W. It’s a home game, FAU was a five-win team with a bad offense, and they will have just played at Purdue the previous week. Admittedly they have a lot coming back from last year but I think we should win this one. 

I’m with you.  I think this squad is going to be very good.  I think we may win 8-9 games.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Jonnyeagle said:

I’m with you.  I think this squad is going to be very good.  I think we may win 8-9 games.

For me it depends on QB play. Not ready to boldly go up to 8-9 wins until I see how QB plays out. But also not ready to roll over and predict losses to mediocre teams like UNLV or FAU. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

For me it depends on QB play. Not ready to boldly go up to 8-9 wins until I see how QB plays out. But also not ready to roll over and predict losses to mediocre teams like UNLV or FAU. 

I mean it’s going to be Aune most likely.  So it’s not going to be great but he’s not terrible either.  He had a great finish last season.  

• Sad 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

9 hours ago, 97and03 said:

I really hope I’m wrong and yes completely agree that QB play will determine so much of this.  I have it as a loss bc I felt like going 2-0 vs LT and FAU with what we know right now, is unlikely, regardless of their results last year. Both squads are talented and we haven’t been consistent in winning every game we’re favored in.  Felt like those two games were coin flips for W/L.  I’m way down for winning em both though. 

• Upvote 1