North Texas picked to win 6 games this season per Vegas

1 hour ago, Mike Jackson said:

It will be truly an infuriating year if that is accurate.  A tread water year with no experience really good (near all conference) coming back.  All set up to open AAC play behind the 8 ball at the most critical position.

Based on Wren's comments wins are not the most important thing.

• Upvote 4
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1

When I look at the schedule I see 6 too but if we can somehow beat WKU and UAB (not counting on it), that’s the 8-4 path I’d figure.  FAU and LT will both be tough too. 

UTEP - W

SMU - L

TSU - W

UNLV - W

Memphis - L

FAU - L

LT - W

UTSA - L

WKU - L*

FIU - W

UAB - L*

Rice - W

Edited by tmjerm
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

21 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

When I look at the schedule I see 6 too but if we can somehow beat WKU and UAB (not counting on it), that’s the 8-4 path I’d figure.  FAU and LT will both be tough too. 

UTEP - W

SMU - L

TSU - W

UNLV - W

Memphis - L

FAU - W

LT - W

UTSA - L

WKU - L*

UAB - L*

Rice - W

With Clark out at UAB, we could possibly pull that one out.

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 2

Some where along the way a team usually loses a game they were supposed to win and wins one they were supposed to lose. Hard to argue with 6 & 6 but my money is on 5 & 7. We lost some good players on defense  and we still have question mark at QB. Also I don't know how good the O-Line is. They played great against UTSA but tanked in Frisco Bowl.I would love to see us get over the hump at 7 & 5.

• Upvote 5
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

14 minutes ago, The Insider said:

We got to shake the dumb ass penalties that gives the other team second chances.  That alone will put us at 6 and 6 plus a bowl win.

As disruptive as the twins were, they had their share of silly penalties. I have faith in PB’s defense, Clements O-line, and Cobbs’ RB room. If QB, TE’s, and WR’s can pose a threat, we have a solid team. 

Edited by Glory to the Green
Typo
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, tmjerm said:

UTEP - W

SMU - L

TSU - W

UNLV - W

Memphis - L

FAU - W

LT - W

UTSA - L

WKU - L*

UAB - L*

Rice - W

You left off FIU at home - W

• Upvote 5
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

I think 4-5 wins at the most, unless we have a qb on the team who can complete a forward pass on a consistent level.  If we have a qb who can throw the ball and we seem to have the running backs no one would be able to stack the box like we have seen so much of lately.  So more wins would be possible.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

Its still early for me to make a prediction, I think a lot depends on the UTEP game, if they loose that game then I dont see them winning against UNLV, and 6 wins probably wont happen.  Also if they get out to a 1-5 or 2-4 start then I think they start looking for a new coach in early October, although I do not see SL being fired mid season in that scenario (they will just let his contract expire). 

16 hours ago, tmjerm said:

UTEP - W

SMU - L

TSU - W

UNLV - W

Memphis - L

FAU - W

LT - W

UTSA - L

WKU - L*

UAB - L*

Rice - W

If that is a correct prediction a bowl win might be hard to come by.